FW: Guild Launches Who Moved My Buy Button? Website

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2010
      For guild members and not...

      _____

      From: The Authors Guild [mailto:staff@...]
      Sent: Saturday, February 06, 2010 12:17 AM
      To: kelly@...
      Subject: Guild Launches Who Moved My Buy Button? Website

      The Authors Guild is pleased to announce the launch of
      WhoMovedMyBuyButton.com
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=896&id=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqn
      c0zlt8lm2091&id2=c2612hech0wv7ikt7ck2sdqay8ja4&subscriber_id=apkgxfyokfnltvm
      sooeilxcbewxlbjj&delivery_id=blwlctrfczcjfjzlfyxpetmvbxjwbhn> , which is now
      live in fully-functional beta form. Who Moved My Buy Button? allows authors
      to keep track of whether Amazon has removed the "buy buttons" from any of
      their books.

      Simply register the ISBNs of any books you'd like monitored, and our web
      tool will check daily to make sure your buy buttons are safe and sound. If
      there's a problem, we'll e-mail you an alert.

      Although we've launched WhoMovedMyBuyButton.com in response to Amazon's
      wholesale removal of buy buttons from Macmillan titles, we believe Amazon
      should be monitored for years to come. Amazon's developed quite a fondness
      for employing this draconian tactic (there's a chronology at the website);
      it's only grown bolder with its growing market clout.

      Vigilance is called for: sounding off is our best collective defense.
      Register your ISBNs today -- it's free and open to all authors, Guild
      members and not. (Though we'd prefer you join
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=896&id=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqn
      c0zlt8lm2091&id2=ctaxtnmf1hvyrnxvfy46mlzo58mte&subscriber_id=apkgxfyokfnltvm
      sooeilxcbewxlbjj&delivery_id=blwlctrfczcjfjzlfyxpetmvbxjwbhn> .)

      Here's a screen shot from the new site:

      <http://hosting.bronto.com/896/public/WMMBBAlert.jpg>

      ----------
      Feel free to forward, post, or tweet. Here is a short URL for linking:
      http://tiny.cc/pYBEP
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=896&id=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqn
      c0zlt8lm2091&id2=f5dia8xx5ysfziy78gkj8m3fgmd6l&subscriber_id=apkgxfyokfnltvm
      sooeilxcbewxlbjj&delivery_id=blwlctrfczcjfjzlfyxpetmvbxjwbhn>

      This message was sent to you as a member of the Authors Guild. We don't
      share our e-mail list. To remove your name from our list for all e-mail
      announcements, click unsubscribe, below.
      Unsubscribe
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/actionpage/execute_page/?fn=Mail_ActionPage_Fo
      rmResponse&tsid=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqnc0zlt8lm2091&page_type=management&sid=51rjy
      vuuju6akaect9i0y00c2nptn&ssid=896> | Change information
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/actionpage/execute_page/?fn=Mail_ActionPage_Fo
      rmResponse&tsid=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqnc0zlt8lm2091&page_type=management&sid=51rjy
      vuuju6akaect9i0y00c2nptn&ssid=896> | Forward to friend
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/actionpage/execute_page/?fn=Mail_ActionPage_Fo
      rmResponse&tsid=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqnc0zlt8lm2091&page_type=forwarding&sid=51rjy
      vuuju6akaect9i0y00c2nptn&ssid=896>

      <http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=896&id=3f9sqf7znyp3mrlqn
      c0zlt8lm2091&id2=63ss6f8kl1k3dsrurmkxkjknj0ywg&subscriber_id=apkgxfyokfnltvm
      sooeilxcbewxlbjj&delivery_id=blwlctrfczcjfjzlfyxpetmvbxjwbhn>

      The Authors Guild | 31 E 32nd St | Fl 7 | New York, NY 10016 | US
      <http://app.bronto.com/public/?q=message_open&fn=Link&ssid=896&id=3f9sqf7zny
      p3mrlqnc0zlt8lm2091>