newsletter

  • millie martin
    Message 1 of 18 , Jan 1, 2010
      Thanks, Vonna, for the terrific newsletter. It's great way to begin the new
      year.

    • PamLV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Aug 29 8:35 PM
        Thanks, Vonna.   Good job.

        Pam

      • Vonna Carter
        Message 3 of 18 , Aug 30 4:06 AM
          Thanks, Pam. I appreciate that.
          Vonna

          On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM, <PamLV@...> wrote:

          Thanks, Vonna.   Good job.

          Pam

          --
          www.vonnacarter.com
        • ctbkaty@aol.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Aug 30 5:25 AM

            Bravo Vonna. We appreciate all the work you do for the newsletter.

            Carmen

          • Bruce Foster
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 23
              Hello everyone.

              I'm sure you are all aware that Vonna has reluctantly resigned as editor of the Houston chapter monthly newsletter due to time constraints. But since I have been performing webmaster duties already, it seems a natural fit for me to continue this in her stead as well. Vonna has done an exceptional job with it, so I have some big shoes to fill... Please bear with me as I learn the ropes!

              That said, please do send your news for May. The email I've set up exclusively for your submissions is scbwinews@...  Deadline would normally be the 25th, but since we are a bit behind the curve this month, and I'm traveling this coming week as well, I'm setting the deadline this time only to the 29th.  I'll do my best to get the newsletter out before the chapter meeting on the 4th.

              Thank you, Vonna, for all the great newsletters you've sent out in the past.

              Bruce Foster
              OR for faster response:

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 23

                Thanks for taking it over, Bruce. Vonna did a fantastic job.

                ~d

                Dotti Enderle/Dax Varley

                The YA World of Dax Varley

                DottiEnderle.com

                I Bleed Ink

              • Vonna Carter
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 23
                  Thank you, thank you, thank you, Bruce!!! The newsletter could not be in better hands!
                  :D Vonna

                  On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Bruce Foster bruce@... [scbwi-houston] <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

                  VonnaCarter.com: Children's & YA Agents/Editors at Conferences, Workshops/Retreats/Online Workshops
                  twitter

                  facebook

                • abcdoris2003
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 23
                    Yes, Vonna, the newsletters you created for us were superb.

                    Bruce, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job as well. Thanks for taking on this task for Hou SCBWI

                    Doris Fisher
                  • ctbkaty@...
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 23

                      Thank you Vonna for your years of hard work and thank you Bruce for taking over this job.

                      I write my neighborhood newsletter and it isn't always an easy job. Sometimes I feel like a schoolteacher trying to get the board members to turn in their reports. Nag-nag-nag. I'm sure the SCBWI members will be much better at getting their information to you on time.

                      CarmenB

                    • abcdoris2003
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 23
                        Carmen,

                        Vonna is probably laughing and the 'on time' remarks.
                        Doris
                      • Peggy Shallock
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 23
                          Thanks, Bruce for taking over the newsletter. It is such a great way to keep abreast of news in our writing community.
                          Peggy Shallock

[...]

                        • elizabethwhite1049
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 1
                            Hi, Bruce! Thank you for stepping in! FYI, when I sent a piece of news to scbwinews@ ... , it came back to me still from the name "Vonna Carter" with an out-of-office reply to post on the boards. Just a heads-up! And no rush--we realize this is all in transition.

                            Thank you!

                            Elizabeth White-Olsen
                          • Bruce Foster
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 1
                              Hi. Yes, I was instructed to create my own news account.
                              Send emails to

                              Vonna's has been canceled

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 1
                                Everyone. Make sure you use the NEW email address for submitting news. Vonna's old account has been disabled. Please send news to:

                                On May 1, 2015, at 1:52 PM, elizabethwhite1049@... [scbwi-houston] wrote:

                                Hi, Bruce! Thank you for stepping in! FYI, when I sent a piece of news to scbwinews@ ... , it came back to me still from the name "Vonna Carter" with an out-of-office reply to post on the boards. Just a heads-up! And no rush--we realize this is all in transition.

                                Thank you!

                                Elizabeth White-Olsen

                                Bruce Foster
                                http://www.paperpops.com
                                832-594-8939 cell

                              • Bruce Foster
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 22
                                  Hi, all,

                                  I’m collecting news from members at this time for inclusion in the upcoming newsletter. Please have your items of interest to me by July 29, one week from today!

                                  Best,

                                  Bruce Foster
                                  OR for faster response:

                                • Cheryl Pilgrim
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 25
                                    Thank you Bruce for doing the newsletter! Here are a couple of things I would like to include:

                                    The book I Illustrated for TCU Press, Hound Dawg will be released in August. This is a southern retelling of The Little Red Hen written by Patricia Vermillion. (North Texas SCBWI member.)

                                    Artwork for the book Hound Dawg will be displayed at the Barbara Bush Library for the month of September.
                                    6817 Cypresswood Drive Spring Texas 77379

                                    Thank you for the opportunity to include these in the newsletter.

                                    Cheryl Pilgrim
                                    Cherylpilgrim.com