Re: [scbwi-houston] New online coverage of Wow, The Pop up Book of Sports

  • JoAn Watson Martin
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
      Bruce,
      That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
      just me or was anyone
      else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
      working paper structure author very little
      press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!

      JoAn

      On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:

      > HI, everyone,
      >
      > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few days
      > ago:
      >
      > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
      >
      > Bruce Foster

      JoAn Watson Martin
      2407 Kilgore Rd.
      Baytown TX 77520
      josbook@...
      www.joanwmartin.com

    • Bruce Foster
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
        Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
        story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a book
        I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
        refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
        scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
        friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.

        Bruce

        On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:

        > Bruce,
        > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
        > just me or was anyone
        > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
        > working paper structure author very little
        > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
        >
        > JoAn
        >
        > On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:
        >
        > > HI, everyone,
        > >
        > > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few
        > days
        > > ago:
        > >
        > > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
        > >
        > > Bruce Foster
        > >

        > JoAn Watson Martin
        > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
        > Baytown TX 77520
        > josbook@...
        > www.joanwmartin.com

      • Mary Ann & Bill Hellinghausen
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
          Wow again to Bruce. All I can say is, Wow!

          Mary Ann H.

        • Jenny
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 4, 2009
            Wow Bruce! That pop-up book is amazing. How much time did it take you to create those pop-ups? I love the Lebron James spread.

            What a great sports collectable book for sports fans young and old! Congrats!

            Jenny

            --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:

            > HI, everyone,
            >
            > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few days
            > ago:
            >
            > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
            >
            > Bruce Foster

          • Crystal
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
              Bruce,

              Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.

              Crystal

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:

              > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
              > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a book
              > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
              > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
              > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
              > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
              >
              > Bruce
              >

              > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
              >
              > > Bruce,
              > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
              > > just me or was anyone
              > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
              > > working paper structure author very little
              > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
              > >
              > > JoAn
              > >
              > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:
              > >
              > > > HI, everyone,
              > > >
              > > > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few
              > > days
              > > > ago:
              > > >
              > > > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
              > > >
              > > > Bruce Foster
              > > >

              > > JoAn Watson Martin
              > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
              > > Baytown TX 77520
              > > josbook@...
              > > www.joanwmartin.com

            • Bruce Foster
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                Thank you, Crystal! What a very nice reply.
                I'll have a quantity of these, plus some more of my books at the
                December meeting.

                Also, I'm going to New York this weekend for my first New York book
                signing! I'll be one of the guest authors at Books of Wonder's Pop-Up
                Celebration signing event, along with Robert Sabuda, Matthew Reinhart,
                David Carter and others. Wish me luck!

                Bruce

                On Nov 8, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Crystal wrote:

                > Bruce,
                >
                > Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a
                > couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.
                >
                > Crystal
                >
                > --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
                > > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a
                > book
                > > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
                > > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
                > > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
                > > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
                > >
                > > Bruce
                > >

                > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
                > >
                > > > Bruce,
                > > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book.
                > Is it
                > > > just me or was anyone
                > > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the
                > hard-
                > > > working paper structure author very little
                > > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
                > > >
                > > > JoAn

                > few
                > > > days

                > > > JoAn Watson Martin
                > > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
                > > > Baytown TX 77520
                > > > josbook@...
                > > > www.joanwmartin.com

              • Dede Ducharme
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                  Wow!  Congratulations, Bruce.  Dede

                  ________________________________
                  Thank you, Crystal! What a very nice reply.
                  I'll have a quantity of these, plus some more of my books at the
                  December meeting.

                  Also, I'm going to New York this weekend for my first New York book
                  signing! I'll be one of the guest authors at Books of Wonder's Pop-Up
                  Celebration signing event, along with Robert Sabuda, Matthew Reinhart,
                  David Carter and others. Wish me luck!

                  Bruce

                  On Nov 8, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Crystal wrote:

                  > Bruce,
                  >
                  > Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a
                  > couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.
                  >
                  > Crystal
                  >
                  > --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
                  > > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a
                  > book
                  > > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
                  > > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
                  > > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
                  > > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
                  > >
                  > > Bruce
                  > >

                  > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Bruce,
                  > > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book.
                  > Is it
                  > > > just me or was anyone
                  > > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the
                  > hard-
                  > > > working paper structure author very little
                  > > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
                  > > >
                  > > > JoAn

                  > few
                  > > > days

                  > > > JoAn Watson Martin
                  > > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
                  > > > Baytown TX 77520
                  > > > josbook@...
                  > > > www.joanwmartin.com

                • Crystal
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                    You don't need luck, Bruce; you've got skill. Strut your stuff in New York and have fun!

                    Crystal

                  • Ana Maria Rodriguez
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                      Congratulations, Bruce! I think this is going to be a very popular book.
                      Have a wonderful time in NY and will see you at the December meeting!

                      Ana Maria Rodriguez

                      www.anamariarodriguez.com <http://www.anamariarodriguez.com/>

                    • Vicki Sansum
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 9, 2009
                        Congratulations, Bruce! We're happy and proud of all the great things
                        that are coming your way. See you in December!