Re: [scbwi-houston] New online coverage of Wow, The Pop up Book of Sports

  • kathygw@suddenlink.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
      That's great coverage and it was nice to see you at the Texas Book Festival.
      Congrats!
      Kathy Whitehead
      ---- Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:
      > HI, everyone,
      >
      > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few days
      > ago:
      >
      > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
      >
      > Bruce Foster
    • JoAn Watson Martin
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
        Bruce,
        That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
        just me or was anyone
        else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
        working paper structure author very little
        press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!

        JoAn

        On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:

        > HI, everyone,
        >
        > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few days
        > ago:
        >
        > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
        >
        > Bruce Foster

        JoAn Watson Martin
        2407 Kilgore Rd.
        Baytown TX 77520
        josbook@...
        www.joanwmartin.com

      • Bruce Foster
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
          Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
          story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a book
          I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
          refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
          scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
          friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.

          Bruce

          On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:

          > Bruce,
          > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
          > just me or was anyone
          > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
          > working paper structure author very little
          > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
          >
          > JoAn
          >
          > On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:
          >
          > > HI, everyone,
          > >
          > > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few
          > days
          > > ago:
          > >
          > > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
          > >
          > > Bruce Foster
          > >

          > JoAn Watson Martin
          > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
          > Baytown TX 77520
          > josbook@...
          > www.joanwmartin.com

        • Mary Ann & Bill Hellinghausen
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 3, 2009
            Wow again to Bruce. All I can say is, Wow!

            Mary Ann H.

          • Jenny
            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 4, 2009
              Wow Bruce! That pop-up book is amazing. How much time did it take you to create those pop-ups? I love the Lebron James spread.

              What a great sports collectable book for sports fans young and old! Congrats!

              Jenny

              --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:

              > HI, everyone,
              >
              > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few days
              > ago:
              >
              > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
              >
              > Bruce Foster

            • Crystal
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                Bruce,

                Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.

                Crystal

                --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:

                > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
                > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a book
                > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
                > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
                > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
                > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
                >
                > Bruce
                >

                > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
                >
                > > Bruce,
                > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book. Is it
                > > just me or was anyone
                > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the hard-
                > > working paper structure author very little
                > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
                > >
                > > JoAn
                > >
                > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Bruce Foster wrote:
                > >
                > > > HI, everyone,
                > > >
                > > > Just wanted to share this with all my friends. CBS ran this a few
                > > days
                > > > ago:
                > > >
                > > > http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5442376n
                > > >
                > > > Bruce Foster
                > > >

                > > JoAn Watson Martin
                > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
                > > Baytown TX 77520
                > > josbook@...
                > > www.joanwmartin.com

              • Bruce Foster
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                  Thank you, Crystal! What a very nice reply.
                  I'll have a quantity of these, plus some more of my books at the
                  December meeting.

                  Also, I'm going to New York this weekend for my first New York book
                  signing! I'll be one of the guest authors at Books of Wonder's Pop-Up
                  Celebration signing event, along with Robert Sabuda, Matthew Reinhart,
                  David Carter and others. Wish me luck!

                  Bruce

                  On Nov 8, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Crystal wrote:

                  > Bruce,
                  >
                  > Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a
                  > couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.
                  >
                  > Crystal
                  >
                  > --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
                  > > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a
                  > book
                  > > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
                  > > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
                  > > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
                  > > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
                  > >
                  > > Bruce
                  > >

                  > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Bruce,
                  > > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book.
                  > Is it
                  > > > just me or was anyone
                  > > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the
                  > hard-
                  > > > working paper structure author very little
                  > > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
                  > > >
                  > > > JoAn

                  > few
                  > > > days

                  > > > JoAn Watson Martin
                  > > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
                  > > > Baytown TX 77520
                  > > > josbook@...
                  > > > www.joanwmartin.com

                • Dede Ducharme
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                    Wow!  Congratulations, Bruce.  Dede

                    ________________________________
                    Thank you, Crystal! What a very nice reply.
                    I'll have a quantity of these, plus some more of my books at the
                    December meeting.

                    Also, I'm going to New York this weekend for my first New York book
                    signing! I'll be one of the guest authors at Books of Wonder's Pop-Up
                    Celebration signing event, along with Robert Sabuda, Matthew Reinhart,
                    David Carter and others. Wish me luck!

                    Bruce

                    On Nov 8, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Crystal wrote:

                    > Bruce,
                    >
                    > Saw the clip. That. Is. Amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on a
                    > couple of them! I've got major sport fans in my family.
                    >
                    > Crystal
                    >
                    > --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thank you, JoAn, but they actually did give me a nice credit in that
                    > > story. I can't tell you how many times I've seen publicity for a
                    > book
                    > > I've done, with no mention at all. So this one was quite nice and
                    > > refreshing. But I do really appreciate your sentiment! I recently
                    > > scolded a publisher for sending out a press release for a book a
                    > > friend of mine did without ever mentioning his name either.
                    > >
                    > > Bruce
                    > >

                    > > On Nov 3, 2009, at 10:44 AM, JoAn Watson Martin wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Bruce,
                    > > > That is a wonderful publicity and looks like a fantastic book.
                    > Is it
                    > > > just me or was anyone
                    > > > else irritated that the Sports Illustrated guy hardly gave the
                    > hard-
                    > > > working paper structure author very little
                    > > > press. Sounded like they did it all. Typical!
                    > > >
                    > > > JoAn

                    > few
                    > > > days

                    > > > JoAn Watson Martin
                    > > > 2407 Kilgore Rd.
                    > > > Baytown TX 77520
                    > > > josbook@...
                    > > > www.joanwmartin.com

                  • Crystal
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                      You don't need luck, Bruce; you've got skill. Strut your stuff in New York and have fun!

                      Crystal

                    • Ana Maria Rodriguez
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 8, 2009
                        Congratulations, Bruce! I think this is going to be a very popular book.
                        Have a wonderful time in NY and will see you at the December meeting!

                        Ana Maria Rodriguez

                        www.anamariarodriguez.com <http://www.anamariarodriguez.com/>

                      • Vicki Sansum
                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 9, 2009
                          Congratulations, Bruce! We're happy and proud of all the great things
                          that are coming your way. See you in December!