Early Christmas present

  • ctbkaty@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
      My editor at National Geographic just told me that Last Dog is getting a
      starred review in School Library Journal in January.

      HO-HO-HO!!

    • Mary Ann Hellinghausen
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
        What a great Christmas present! Congratulations, Carmen -

        Mary Ann

        > My editor at National Geographic just told me that Last Dog is getting a
        > starred review in School Library Journal in January.
        >
        > HO-HO-HO!!
        >
        > Carmen

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Merle Petersen
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
          Congratulations Carmen. You are a very talented lady and we are honored to
          have you in our SCBWI group. Thanks for sharing.
          Merle

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
            Holy cow, Carmen! Great news.

            Dotti Enderle

            Books For Everyone!
            http://www.dottienderle.com
            http://www.fortunetellersclub.com
          • Doris Fisher
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 19, 2003
              Way to go, Carmen!!
              Doris
              My editor at National Geographic just told me that Last Dog is getting a
              starred review in School Library Journal in January.

              HO-HO-HO!!

            • Gail Greenberg
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 20, 2003
                Carmen:

                Way to go! Congratulations! That was a spellbinding story when I heard you
                tell it before I read the book. Last Dog is excellent! I"m glad Santa
                Claus made it to your chimney before Christmas! Merry Christmas and Happy
                New Year!

                Gail Greenberg

                P.S. My daughter was upset about Santa coming before Christmas and thinks
                he might miss us! She has taken me captive!

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 20, 2003
                  Thanks to all of you who commented on my upcoming STAR! I'm a little worried
                  about Gail though. Are you still being held captive by your big, ferocious
                  daughter? Should we send in the troops?

                  Have a great holiday everyone.

                  Carmen, who still thinks Last Dog would make a great movie. We could all go
                  to Hollywood as consultants.

                • Gail Greenberg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 21, 2003
                    Carmen:

                    Thanks, Carmen for your concern. I sent Hayley off to assist in the
                    interrogation of Saddam. I believe she will do an excellent job in getting
                    him to confess to his deeds!

                    I agree--Last Dog should be made into a movie!

                    Gail

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 21, 2003
                      Gail,

                      There aren't many women in the Mawson story, but if there is a movie we could
                      all stand on the dock and wave as his ship sets sail for Antarctica. It was
                      1911, so we'll have to wear period costumes.

                      Cheerio. Carmen