SCBWI-Houston Speakers Bureau
- It's time to update the Houston SCBWI Speakers Bureau information on the chapter website. This information is helpful to librarians and other individuals interested in scheduling author visits and presentations.
If you would like your name posted on the website, please read the following.
Authors and illustrators on the Speakers Bureau must meet the SCBWI requirements of P. A.L. (stands for published and listed) membership. This level of membership is open to those whose books, articles, poems, stories, illustration, photographs, films, television or electronic media for children have been commercially published by one of the organizations listed in the SCBWI Market Surveys.
If you have questions about your PAL status go to scbwi.org, search PAL, and look at the section titled, "Levels of Membership." You may also check your own profile for PAL status.
$25 for the 2010 calendar year. What a bargain !
Please make checks payable to HOUSTON SCBWI SPEAKERS BUREAU, otherwise, Millie will spend your money wisely at her favorite off-price store.
Send your check to Millie Martin, 13319 Spring Hollow Drive, Tomball, TX 77375
DEADLINE - October 31, 2009. Happy Halloween !
Updated Speaker Bureau information will be posted mid-December. When the new information is posted, please check your information and send any corrections to millietmartin@....
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING FILES
1. If you are currently on the Speakers Bureau page, please check the website and make certain this information is correct before sending your new file.
2. Please use ONLY .jpg files and send a ZIP FILE when sending several files. Name the zip file "yourname.zip." Violators will have their files sent into cyberspace, never to be returned.
3. Please DO NOT send PowerPoint Presentations or Word files with images in them. It will drive our web manager crazy and a replacement would be hard to find.
4. Please DO NOT send your bio as an e-mail. Attach it as a separate doc/txt file. Violators will have their drivers license photos placed on the web page in lieu of their current picture.
5. Keep the bios under 250 words. Anything longer than that is well, just too long.
6. List your targeted audience: PK, K, grades 1-6, 7-8, 9-12, adult
7. Please include the following contact information for Millie.
b. phone number
c. e-mail address
e. snail mail address