More details about the picture book workshop by Laurie Knowlton

  • bcckaty
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2009
      Classes with Laurie Knowlton, Author, Illustrator.

      Classes will consist of 5 session for $125.00.
      During the weeks you have the choice of:

      1. Learning five structures for picture books. Each week you will be asked to study the style of a particular picture book structure. You will have a study sheet to analyze the book structure. After studying the format you will be asked to work through the structure. You will be given a worksheet to develop your own story to fit the structure. Your work will be reviewed with praise and suggestions.

      2. You may work on a manuscript you have already begun and want to polish: working on your book structure of character, setting, voice, plot, show don't tell, self editing, what should be on each spread, and finding a publishing house.

      Each week I will review your work and and give you an assignment for the next week.

      If you are interested please e-mail Laurie at rwranch55@.... Subject: Writing Classes.
      Payment of $125.00 to Laurie Knowlton 7449 Coon Club Road, Medina, Ohio 44256 must be received prior to your first assignment.
    • laura.rackham
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2009
        --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, "bcckaty" <bcckaty@...> wrote:

        > Classes with Laurie Knowlton, Author, Illustrator.
        >
        > Classes will consist of 5 session for $125.00.
        > During the weeks you have the choice of:
        >

        > 1. Learning five structures for picture books. Each week you will be asked to study the style of a particular picture book structure. You will have a study sheet to analyze the book structure. After studying the format you will be asked to work through the structure. You will be given a worksheet to develop your own story to fit the structure. Your work will be reviewed with praise and suggestions.
        >

        > 2. You may work on a manuscript you have already begun and want to polish: working on your book structure of character, setting, voice, plot, show don't tell, self editing, what should be on each spread, and finding a publishing house.
        >
        > Each week I will review your work and and give you an assignment for the next week.
        >
        > If you are interested please e-mail Laurie at rwranch55@... Subject: Writing Classes.
        > Payment of $125.00 to Laurie Knowlton 7449 Coon Club Road, Medina, Ohio 44256 must be received prior to your first assignment.

        Is this an on-line class?
      • Bonnie Crow
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2009
          Yes, contact her at the email address she supplied below.

          > Classes with Laurie Knowlton, Author, Illustrator.
          >
          > Classes will consist of 5 session for $125.00.
          > During the weeks you have the choice of:
          >

          > 1. Learning five structures for picture books. Each week you will be asked to study the style of a particular picture book structure. You will have a study sheet to analyze the book structure. After studying the format you will be asked to work through the structure. You will be given a worksheet to develop your own story to fit the structure. Your work will be reviewed with praise and suggestions.
          >

          > 2. You may work on a manuscript you have already begun and want to polish: working on your book structure of character, setting, voice, plot, show don't tell, self editing, what should be on each spread, and finding a publishing house.
          >
          > Each week I will review your work and and give you an assignment for the next week.
          >
          > If you are interested please e-mail Laurie at rwranch55@.. . Subject: Writing Classes.
          > Payment of $125.00 to Laurie Knowlton 7449 Coon Club Road, Medina, Ohio 44256 must be received prior to your first assignment.

          Is this an on-line class?

        • diandramae
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2009
            The question of working digitally came up last night at the meeting. I thought I'd post a blog entry by artist John Manders. He shows some work in progress, but there is a brief discussion in the comments about digital work.

            <http://johnmanders.wordpress.com/2009/09/29/westward-ho/#comments>

            Diandra Mae