The Institute of Children's Literature

  • melindasalminen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2009
      Has anyone taken courses through The Institute of Children's Literature? At the moment I am focused on picture books. Just wondering if this a good step for me. I'm pretty new to the industry and would appreciate any advice.

      Thanks,
      Melinda
    • JoAn Watson Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2009
        Melinda,

        Several years ago I took both the basic and the next course. I was
        just starting
        out and it was very good. Seemed expensive then, but now I know it
        wasn't. Getting a good
        teacher is essential. I have known several writers who worked for
        them and it was hard
        work, but it was great for me. It kept me going and made me write.

        JoAn

        On Sep 8, 2009, at 2:03 PM, melindasalminen wrote:

        > Has anyone taken courses through The Institute of Children's
        > Literature? At the moment I am focused on picture books. Just
        > wondering if this a good step for me. I'm pretty new to the
        > industry and would appreciate any advice.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Melinda

        JoAn Watson Martin
        2407 Kilgore Rd.