reply from editors

  • millie martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2009
      I've not heard from either A. Penfold or E. Law, but I submitted near
      the deadline.

      No response from editors seems to be a perpetual problem at other
      conferences, including the national one. I'm not excusing editors
      failing to uphold their end of the bargain. Obviously, some editors
      fulfill their obligations. The others could comply with a form
      rejection which wouldn't be of any help.

      It seems that perhaps editors don't recognize the magnitude of the
      task. Seriously, we add approximately 100 manuscripts to their
      enormous stacks.

      I think using stickers to send our ms. after the conference improves
      the odds of manuscripts being focused on the individual publisher's
      needs, but is there another approach or combination of approaches that
      might be more feasible? Individual critiques, while adding to the cost
      of the conference perhaps reducing the number of manuscripts
      submitted, would also assure feedback for the writer.