Congratulations!

  • abcdoris2003
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2009
      Sheila Lindsay, one of our Houston members, is one of twelve finalists in the 5th Annual ABC's Children's Picture Book Competition. Her rhyming picture book Dandelion Snow has three little girls dressed for Sunday School and trying to sit still as they wait for Momma to get dressed.

      Sheila's illustrator for this is Vanessa Roeder. The internet voting takes place between September 20 and October 4. All are allowed to vote once daily for the two week period. The winner receives a publishing contract!

      I'll post a reminder when it's time to mark your ballots. You can read more at the site listed below. I hope it comes through on the list serv.

      Hurray for Sheila and her marvelous book! I've read it and found it not only creative and original, but quite charming as well!

      Doris Fisher

      http://www.abcbookcompetition.org/5th_comp/5th_index.html
    • Lindsay, Sheila O
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2009
        Thanks Doris!

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2009
          Congratulations!
          Judy and Haskell
          On Aug 27, 2009, at 5:17 PM, Lindsay, Sheila O wrote:

          > Thanks Doris!
          >
          > ________________________________

        • stepupsam
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2009
            Congratulations, Sheila! My fingers are crossed for you.

            Samantha Clark
            daybydaywriter.wordpress.com

          • rita.mills@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2009
              Okay everyone, that web link was only for proofing........and the website
              isn't revamped yet, so take that with a grain of salt........sorry for any
              confusion........Rita

              PS -- The artwork is delightful as well..........does anyone know if
              Vanessa Roeder is any kin to Virginia Roeder?..........

            • PamLV@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , May 20, 2010
                I want to add my congratulations to you authors and illustrators who are receiving or received the great reviews, awards and nominations.  I love that we can touch each other and share your joys, successes as well as the rejections.  I also want to congratulate all of you who continue to write, illustrate and submit and are yet to be published and still keep plugging away at it anyway.  We are so fortunate in the Houston group to have so much success, offering hope and inspiration to those who are yet to be published.  What a fabulous, talented and persistent chapter we are.

                Pam

              • Deborah Frontiera
                Message 7 of 9 , May 20, 2010
                  Amen, and Ditto! Many times over.
                  Debbie Frontiera

                  I want to add my congratulations to you authors and illustrators who are receiving or received the great reviews, awards and nominations.  I love that we can touch each other and share your joys, successes as well as the rejections.  I also want to congratulate all of you who continue to write, illustrate and submit and are yet to be published and still keep plugging away at it anyway.  We are so fortunate in the Houston group to have so much success, offering hope and inspiration to those who are yet to be published.  What a fabulous, talented and persistent chapter we are.

                  Pam

                • Gail Greenberg
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 20, 2010
                    Double ditto and congrats everyone!  Pam said it very well.

                    Gail
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 3, 2011
                      What a lovely cover illustration -- the book sounds really interesting
                      and your illustrations will make it "glow". So happy to hear your good
                      news!

                      Julie

                      Julie Herman
                      MysteryGarden.wordpress.com