Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [scbwi-houston] Good news

Expand Messages
  • Dede Ducharme
    Congratulations!  The more I read their articles, the more I like Highlights.  Dede ________________________________ From: Ana Maria Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 29 , Apr 21, 2009
    • 0 Attachment
      Congratulations!  The more I read their articles, the more I like Highlights.  Dede




      ________________________________
      From: Ana Maria Rodriguez <amsrodriguez@...>
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: houstonspeakers@...
      Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:59:01 AM
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Good news





      I am happy to let you all know that my article “Meerkat pups go to survival
      school. (or) How to eat scorpions” is in Highlights for Children’s May 2009
      issue (just out). I am very happy how the final article has turned out with
      color photos, text, and sidebars over 2 pages (p. 22-23). If you have the
      magazine, take a peek! You may want to try some of the items in the meerkat
      menu…

      Ana María

      Ana Maria Rodriguez

      Author

      Visit my website at: www.anamariarodrigu ez.com

      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]




      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    • Donna Maloy
      Congratulations, Ana and Susan! Terrific news. Donna [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      Message 2 of 29 , Apr 22, 2009
      • 0 Attachment
        Congratulations, Ana and Susan!
        Terrific news.
        Donna

        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
      • Aileen Kirkham
        You are the cats meow now, Ana Maria!   Congrats, Aileen Kirkham ... From: Susan Mitchell Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Good news
        Message 3 of 29 , Apr 22, 2009
        • 0 Attachment
          You are the "cats' meow" now, Ana Maria!
           
          Congrats,
          Aileen Kirkham

          --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Susan Mitchell <susankmitchell@...> wrote:


          From: Susan Mitchell <susankmitchell@...>
          Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Good news
          To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 2:41 PM








          Whoo-hoo!!!!  Yay you!  THAT is an article my girls would absolutely love.  I'll have to pick up a copy and have you sign it for them next time I see you.
           
          Congrats!
          Susan

          --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Ana Maria Rodriguez <amsrodriguez@ comcast.net> wrote:

          From: Ana Maria Rodriguez <amsrodriguez@ comcast.net>
          Subject: [scbwi-houston] Good news
          To: scbwi-houston@ yahoogroups. com
          Cc: houstonspeakers@ googlegroups. com
          Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 11:59 AM

          I am happy to let you all know that my article “Meerkat pups go to survival
          school. (or) How to eat scorpions” is in Highlights for Children’s May 2009
          issue (just out). I am very happy how the final article has turned out with
          color photos, text, and sidebars over 2 pages (p. 22-23). If you have the
          magazine, take a peek! You may want to try some of the items in the meerkat
          menu…

          Ana María

          Ana Maria Rodriguez

          Author

          Visit my website at: www.anamariarodrigu ez.com

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



















          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Aileen Kirkham
          You are the cats meow now, Ana Maria!   Congrats, Aileen Kirkham ... From: Susan Mitchell Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Good news
          Message 4 of 29 , Apr 22, 2009
          • 0 Attachment
            You are the "cats' meow" now, Ana Maria!
             
            Congrats,
            Aileen Kirkham

            --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Susan Mitchell <susankmitchell@...> wrote:


            From: Susan Mitchell <susankmitchell@...>
            Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Good news
            To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 2:41 PM








            Whoo-hoo!!!!  Yay you!  THAT is an article my girls would absolutely love.  I'll have to pick up a copy and have you sign it for them next time I see you.
             
            Congrats!
            Susan

            --- On Tue, 4/21/09, Ana Maria Rodriguez <amsrodriguez@ comcast.net> wrote:

            From: Ana Maria Rodriguez <amsrodriguez@ comcast.net>
            Subject: [scbwi-houston] Good news
            To: scbwi-houston@ yahoogroups. com
            Cc: houstonspeakers@ googlegroups. com
            Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 11:59 AM

            I am happy to let you all know that my article “Meerkat pups go to survival
            school. (or) How to eat scorpions” is in Highlights for Children’s May 2009
            issue (just out). I am very happy how the final article has turned out with
            color photos, text, and sidebars over 2 pages (p. 22-23). If you have the
            magazine, take a peek! You may want to try some of the items in the meerkat
            menu…

            Ana María

            Ana Maria Rodriguez

            Author

            Visit my website at: www.anamariarodrigu ez.com

            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



















            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
          • Ana Maria Rodriguez
            If you have the chance, I invite you to listen to my interview yesterday at Bog Talk Radio-Book Bites for Kids:
            Message 5 of 29 , May 1, 2009
            • 0 Attachment
              If you have the chance, I invite you to listen to my interview yesterday at
              Bog Talk Radio-Book Bites for Kids:
              http://audioam.blogtalkradio.com/show_502543.mp3



              I have also posted the link in my website.

              Thanks!

              Ana M



              Ana Maria Rodriguez

              Author

              Visit my website at: www.anamariarodriguez.com









              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Rita Mills
              I never have any good news to share because I don t write....this may not be writing, but I think this is worth posting... The gala on May 26th for the
              Message 6 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010
              • 0 Attachment

                I never have any good news to share because I don’t write……..this may not be writing, but I think this is worth posting………

                 

                The gala on May 26th for the unveiling of the new mascot for Ben Taub Hospital that I am on the board of has the following people involved:

                 

                1. The Taub Foundation and Family
                2. Patricia Gras of PBS is the Mistress of Ceremonies
                3. Host Committee includes Kathi Appelt, Judge Emmett, David & Kay Hedges, Susan Osterberg, Mary Wright, & Beverly Denver

                 

                And Her Honor Mayor Annise Parker will be there………and we have several major sponsors before the invitation has even been sent out, so we are getting closer and closer to being able to supply that 25,000 books a year needed for the indigent children that go into Ben Taub or the Harris County Hospital District clinic system……..

                 

                If you would like to be on the invitation list, please email me your address at this email………Rita

                 

                rita.mills@...

                 

              • Bruce Foster
                Congratulations, Rita. What a great thing to be a part of! Bruce ... Congratulations, Rita. What a great thing to be a part of! Bruce On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:27
                Message 7 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010
                • 0 Attachment
                  Congratulations, Rita.  What a great thing to be a part of!

                  Bruce


                  On Apr 2, 2010, at 8:27 AM, Rita Mills wrote:

                   

                  I never have any good news to share because I don’t write……..this may not be writing, but I think this is worth posting………

                   

                  The gala on May 26th for the unveiling of the new mascot for Ben Taub Hospital that I am on the board of has the following people involved:

                   

                  1. The Taub Foundation and Family
                  2. Patricia Gras of PBS is the Mistress of Ceremonies
                  3. Host Committee includes Kathi Appelt, Judge Emmett, David & Kay Hedges, Susan Osterberg, Mary Wright, & Beverly Denver

                   

                  And Her Honor Mayor Annise Parker will be there………and we have several major sponsors before the invitation has even been sent out, so we are getting closer and closer to being able to supply that 25,000 books a year needed for the indigent children that go into Ben Taub or the Harris County Hospital District clinic system……..

                   

                  If you would like to be on the invitation list, please email me your address at this email………Rita

                   

                  rita.mills@comcast. net

                   



                • PamLV@aol.com
                  Congratulations and great work! Pam V. ... From: Rita Mills To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, Apr 2, 2010 8:27 am Subject:
                  Message 8 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Congratulations and great work!
                     
                    Pam V.



                    -----Original Message-----
                    From: Rita Mills <rita.mills@...>
                    To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
                    Sent: Fri, Apr 2, 2010 8:27 am
                    Subject: [scbwi-houston] Good news

                     
                    I never have any good news to share because I don’t write……..this may not be writing, but I think this is worth posting………
                     
                    The gala on May 26th for the unveiling of the new mascot for Ben Taub Hospital that I am on the board of has the following people involved:
                     
                    1. The Taub Foundation and Family
                    2. Patricia Gras of PBS is the Mistress of Ceremonies
                    3. Host Committee includes Kathi Appelt, Judge Emmett, David & Kay Hedges, Susan Osterberg, Mary Wright, & Beverly Denver
                     
                    And Her Honor Mayor Annise Parker will be there………and we have several major sponsors before the invitation has even been sent out, so we are getting closer and closer to being able to supply that 25,000 books a year needed for the indigent children that go into Ben Taub or the Harris County Hospital District clinic system……..
                     
                    If you would like to be on the invitation list, please email me your address at this email………Rita
                     
                    rita.mills@comcast. net
                     
                  • kathygw@suddenlink.net
                    Thank you for doing important work that impacts so many. Kathy Whitehead
                    Message 9 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Thank you for doing important work that impacts so many.
                      Kathy Whitehead
                      ---- Rita Mills <rita.mills@...> wrote:
                      > I never have any good news to share because I don't write....this may not be
                      > writing, but I think this is worth posting...
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > The gala on May 26th for the unveiling of the new mascot for Ben Taub
                      > Hospital that I am on the board of has the following people involved:
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > 1. The Taub Foundation and Family
                      > 2. Patricia Gras of PBS is the Mistress of Ceremonies
                      > 3. Host Committee includes Kathi Appelt, Judge Emmett, David & Kay
                      > Hedges, Susan Osterberg, Mary Wright, & Beverly Denver
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > And Her Honor Mayor Annise Parker will be there...and we have several major
                      > sponsors before the invitation has even been sent out, so we are getting
                      > closer and closer to being able to supply that 25,000 books a year needed
                      > for the indigent children that go into Ben Taub or the Harris County
                      > Hospital District clinic system....
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > If you would like to be on the invitation list, please email me your address
                      > at this email...Rita
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      > rita.mills@...
                      >
                      >
                      >
                    • kathygw@suddenlink.net
                      Thank you for doing important work that impacts so many. Kathy Whitehead
                      Message 10 of 29 , Apr 2, 2010
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Thank you for doing important work that impacts so many.
                        Kathy Whitehead
                        ---- Rita Mills <rita.mills@...> wrote:
                        > I never have any good news to share because I don't write....this may not be
                        > writing, but I think this is worth posting...
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > The gala on May 26th for the unveiling of the new mascot for Ben Taub
                        > Hospital that I am on the board of has the following people involved:
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > 1. The Taub Foundation and Family
                        > 2. Patricia Gras of PBS is the Mistress of Ceremonies
                        > 3. Host Committee includes Kathi Appelt, Judge Emmett, David & Kay
                        > Hedges, Susan Osterberg, Mary Wright, & Beverly Denver
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > And Her Honor Mayor Annise Parker will be there...and we have several major
                        > sponsors before the invitation has even been sent out, so we are getting
                        > closer and closer to being able to supply that 25,000 books a year needed
                        > for the indigent children that go into Ben Taub or the Harris County
                        > Hospital District clinic system....
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > If you would like to be on the invitation list, please email me your address
                        > at this email...Rita
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > rita.mills@...
                        >
                        >
                        >
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.