Door prizes

  • abcdoris2003
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 16, 2009
      If anyone wants to donate door prizes for upcoming events, I'll be at
      Editor Day.

      I have plenty to hand out for Editor Day, but after that, I could use
      more for future events. Or if you want your book handed out as a prize
      on Saturday, let me know, and I'll do that.

      Any donations are appreciated. For years I had oodles thanks to Eileen
      Robinson, who must have given us about 25 books, and Jen McVeity also
      was very generous, but now my stash is not so plentiful.

      Thanks and see you Saturday,

      Doris
    • Doris
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
        Hi Conference Goers!

        Anyone wanting to donate a book for a door prize can hand it to me on Saturday. I love to promote our local authors and try to point out the author is a member of Houston SCBWI.

        Please don't hesitate to use this free publicity. I have very few books from Houston or local authors to give away. I have plenty from other authors.

        See you Saturday!

        Doris Fisher
        abcdoris@...
      • Pat Miller
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
          I will donate Substitute Groundhog and Squirrel's New Year's Resolution, both in paperback with CD.

          --
          Pat Miller
          Career School Librarian

        • bruce@paperpops.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
            I'll bring a couple of pops as well.
            Sent from my LG phone

            Pat Miller <gpatmiller@...> wrote:

            >I will donate *Substitute Groundhog *and *Squirrel's New Year's Resolution,
            >*both in paperback with CD.
            >
            >On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:23 PM, Doris <abcdoris@...> wrote:
            >

            >> Hi Conference Goers!
            >>
            >> Anyone wanting to donate a book for a door prize can hand it to me on
            >> Saturday. I love to promote our local authors and try to point out the
            >> author is a member of Houston SCBWI.
            >>
            >> Please don't hesitate to use this free publicity. I have very few books
            >> from Houston or local authors to give away. I have plenty from other
            >> authors.
            >>
            >> See you Saturday!
            >>
            >> Doris Fisher
            >> abcdoris@...
            >>

            >--
            >Pat Miller
            >Career School Librarian
            >Author Visits and Professional Workshops
            >Sugar Land, TX
            >gpatmiller@...
            >www.patmillerbooks.com
          • Doris
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
              Pam, Pat, Bruce,
              Great for you to donate door prizes to our wonderful conference. Anyone else can just bring me one of their books, no need to tell me ahead of time. I can always store books for future events, too, like the picture book workshop in October.

              I am so happy to give books from our own authors in our neck of the woods in the USA...the Third Coast, as Charles Trevino calls it!
              See you Saturday!

              Doris Fisher
            • Ana Maria
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 7, 2011
                I'll bring Animal Secrets!
                Ana M

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Apr 7, 2011, at 6:40 PM, "Doris" <abcdoris@...> wrote:

                Pam, Pat, Bruce,
                Great for you to donate door prizes to our wonderful conference. Anyone else can just bring me one of their books, no need to tell me ahead of time. I can always store books for future events, too, like the picture book workshop in October.

                I am so happy to give books from our own authors in our neck of the woods in the USA...the Third Coast, as Charles Trevino calls it!
                See you Saturday!

                Doris Fisher

              • cherie
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 8, 2011
                  Doris, I'll bring a copy of OUR SHADOW GARDEN for you to give away. c:

                  --- In scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com, "Doris" <abcdoris@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Conference Goers!
                  >
                  > Anyone wanting to donate a book for a door prize can hand it to me on Saturday. I love to promote our local authors and try to point out the author is a member of Houston SCBWI.
                  >
                  > Please don't hesitate to use this free publicity. I have very few books from Houston or local authors to give away. I have plenty from other authors.
                  >
                  > See you Saturday!
                  >
                  > Doris Fisher
                  > abcdoris@...

                • Doris
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 15, 2012
                    Thanks so much for the generous donations of books for door prizes.
                    It's not necessary to post that you are donating. I'll be happy just to take books at the conference. Wonderful to know we have so many dedicated SCBWI members, though, who don't hesitate to offer books for door prizes.

                    See you at the conference,
                    Door Prize Doris :D
                  • Doris
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 3, 2012
                      I love handling the door prizes. With the books inside a rolling cart, it's not to hard to lug them around. Thanks, Carmen, for thinking of me. This job is perfect for me!

                      Doris