Bowen Press closing

  • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2009
      Eariler I saw some news about HarperCollins layoffs and reorganization; it
      looked like the children's division wouldn't be affected, but I just read
      about Bowen Press closing and Brenda Bowen leaving the company:

      http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6636501.html

      So sad-- they just started releasing books, like The Year the Swallows Came
      Early, that Jen Rofe' and Molly O'Neill talked about at the conference last
      year, and it's gotten some stellar reviews so far.

      In case any of you submitted to Molly O'Neill or had a request from her, she
      does still have a job at Harper; it just won't be under the Bowen Press
      imprint.