Re: [scbwi-houston] Congrats to Gail!

  • Merle Petersen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2009
      Add my congrats to Gail too! How fantastic for her. I'm mailing a copy of the notice in the paper to her.
      Merle
      From: abcdoris2003 <abcdoris@...>
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] Congrats to Gail!
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, January 31, 2009, 9:49 AM

      On the front page of section F (Religion) in Saturday's Chronicle, is
      an article on Gail's book, a brief summary, and her current list of
      book signings.

      Gail - you accomplished what we all want...to be on the front page of
      a section in the Houston Chronicle.

      Way to go!

      Doris Fisher

    • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2009
        Doris,

        Thanks so much! A friend of mine had left a message that I was in the Chronicle and said of course I knew about it, by now, but I didn't so I really appreciate you specifying where it was in the Chronicle!!! I sent my first press release to this reporter in December along with my book, and spoke with her on the phone. So I wasn't sure when the article would appear. Thanks so much for letting me know and for your congrats and support!!!!!

        Gail

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2009
          Merle,

          Thanks so much for your support. And thanks so much for mailing me a copy!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that so MUCH!!!!!!!

          Gail
          Add my congrats to Gail too! How fantastic for her. I'm mailing a copy of the notice in the paper to her.
          Merle

          On the front page of section F (Religion) in Saturday's Chronicle, is
          an article on Gail's book, a brief summary, and her current list of
          book signings.

          Gail - you accomplished what we all want...to be on the front page of
          a section in the Houston Chronicle.

          Way to go!

          Doris Fisher

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2009
            Way to go, Gail! Congratulations! How did the Chronicle know about your
            books?

            Ana Maria Rodriguez

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2009
              Ana Maria,

              Thanks so much! I appreciate your support. I have been conversing with this reporter since December when I sent her my first press release and my book. Monica Shaughnessy from my critique group told me she saw an article she wrote in the paper about a Jewish Chinese couple who I actually knew but didn't know they were being interviewed and how they celebrate the holidays and she and Gary were saying how I should have been in that article with my book. So I agreed and called the reporter on the phone and told her about being in the NY Times and that article was on a very similar topic. She said she wished she had known about me and my book because it would have been perfect for that article. We talked about me being a blind mother and adopting from China. She was very interested in me being a blind mother and adopting from China and she had talked about wanting to do a feature article about that, along with my book. So I had been sending her press releases all along with updates on the plays, book signings, etc. I had no idea when the article would appear and had no idea it was even in the paper until a friend had left a message and then I saw the email message from Doris specifying where it was in the paper!!! Please always let me know!!! Being a blind person, I can't see the Chronicle even though I do get it on Thurs-Sunday.

              Thanks so much,

              Gail