checking in

  • Peggy
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 19, 2008
      We survived the storm with only big limbs down. No trees on the house, thank goodness. We still don't have power, but this week wasn't so bad with the cool weather. Our bayhouse survived, but the stairs are gone and the lower level broke away, as it is supposed to do. Minimal damage compared to what we were expecting. Glad everyone is okay. Peggy Shallock
    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 19, 2008
        I've been wondering about your beach house Peggy. I'm glad you and it are OK.

      • ctbkaty@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 19, 2008
          Has anyone heard from JoAn? Baytown got hammered and I've been wondering how
          she is.

        • Samantha Clark
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 20, 2008
            My husband and I and a friend who lives in Seabrook rode out the storm
            in our house in League City and we fared very well. We were very
            blessed that we had no damage, just two shingles off the roof which
            were fixed yesterday.

            Didn't lose water at all, which was wonderful, but we lost power around
            midnight the night Ike came through. The cool weather was such a
            blessing, though. It was lovely to get the nice breeze through the
            house.

            We were so excited and thankful that our power came back on last night.

            There are still so many people without power and more. Our prayers are
            with them and with you, Donna, and all those in your area.

            Samantha Clark
          • mildred martin
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 22, 2008
              Peggy, I'm glad your bayhouse is fine.

              We're still without power in Tomball. We're just a couple of streets over from
              Aileen so I may be knocking on her door--just kidding.

              Our lakehouse suffered roof and water damage. I spent the week there running a
              generator and dehumidifiers. No power, no water. The lake water felt really
              good after cleaning up debris.

              All our family was safe which was the most important thing.

              Millie

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 22, 2008
                Hello all - so glad to read everyone's adventures, trials, tribulations, and
                narrow escapes. The Morris family came through the storm. Lost power and went
                to Kerrville for a few days. Came back Sunday and we are now trying to put our
                house back in order and get the yard squared away. We had many good friends
                (including Rebecca!!!!) who rode to our rescue with food and provided places to
                sleep.

                Looking forward to getting back to work and routine.

                Wishing everyone good luck, good karma, running water, lights - and INTERNET
                ACCESS!

                kim morris

              • JoAn Watson Martin
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
                  I'M BACK! After two weeks of no internet I feel like I have been
                  abandoned on an deserted island. My house was the only one in the
                  family with air conditioning so at night we had wall-to-wall sleep-
                  overs. No TV, no computer. After removing a tree from the second
                  story, cleaning up our gazebo and spa, we are in the middle of
                  reconstruction and roofing. Best of all children and dogs have gotten
                  their A/C back and the house is emptying out.
                  We are fine and when I talk to my friends in Galveston, I can't
                  complain about a thing. Thanks for asking.

                  JoAn