Re: Free Illustrator online classes

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2008
      Hi all,
      Here is a message I received from an Austin SCBWI member in regards to an online illustration class. The online classes are free to the first 50 people who respond. So, for those who aspire to be the next Caldecott winner, here's a great way to start.

      Hello Vicki,

      I'm a longtime member of the Austin SCBWI group and I'm writing to see if
      any of your chapter members would be interested in my announcement about a
      course on children's book illustration class that I'll be teaching (via
      the Internet) beginning around June 30?

      Anyone in the Houston chapter who is interested can
      receive four free months of the course by clicking on this link and
      answering the one survey question I have posted there:

      http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?a=40089&c=&b=144

      Type in an answer to the question on the screen and hit submit. That's it.
      Nothing more will be required, and the first lesson will arrive in a
      couple of weeks.

      I've been teaching a studio workshop version of this class for several
      years at the Austin Museum of Arts Art School at the Laguna Gloria campus
      in Austin.

      Now I'm "beta-testing" a home-study version for people who live some
      distance from Austin and can't make the classes on the Laguna Gloria
      grounds. But I'm only sharing this "Ask survey" link with my illustrator
      friends, former students and two or three selected SCBWI Texas chapters,
      including Houston. After I receive about 50 responses to my question, I'll
      stop my "four free months" offer and shut down the "Ask survey."

      So anyone who feels interested should act pretty soon. I'll send out the
      first lesson around the end of June.

      The link again is:
      http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?a=40089&c=&b=144

      Sincerely,
      Mark
      www.markgmitchell.com
      home (512) 258-8348
      cell (512) 656-9217

      P.S. Vicki, for anyone who can come into Austin this summer, I'll teach a
      real (as opposed to online) six week class, "Children's Book Illustration"
      July 15 - August 19 (Tues. nights 6-9 p.m.) and a weekend workshop
      "Watercolor Painting for Children's Book Illustration" on August 9-10
      (That's Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and Sunday, 1-4 p.m.) at the newly
      expanded Austin Museum of Arts Art School on the beautiful Laguna Gloria
      campus at 3809 West 35th Street, Austin, TX 78703. For more information on
      these AMOA classes, or to register, call the Art School at (512) 323-6380
      or go to www.amoa.org/art-school.

      But the link again for the four free months of on-line instruction that
      I'm "beta-testing" is:

      http://www.askdatabase.com/campaigns/?a=40089&c=&b=144

      Thank you!
      Mark