RE: Another Sale!

  • Ana Maria Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2008
      BIG congrats, Dottie!

      Ana Maria Rodriguez

      _____

      From: houstonspeakers@...
      [mailto:houstonspeakers@...] On Behalf Of Dotti Enderle
      Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:24 PM
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Cc: houstonspeakers@...
      Subject: Another Sale!

      I just got an acceptance for a picture book from Highsmith/Upstart Books.
      Highsmith is the same publisher that did Pat Miller's recent book.

      Contract is on the way. Yay!

      Dotti

      Dotti Enderle
      MAN IN THE MOON
      Delacorte Press, July 2008

    • Mary Ann & Bill Hellinghausen
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2008
        Woo Hoo!! Way to go, Dottie ~

        Mary Ann H.

      • rita.mills@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 11 , May 29, 2008
          Susan, Dani, Doris.........spend a lot of time the last two days with your publisher Lee Germain at PMA-U and will see him at BookExpo this weekend............he spoke very highly of all 3 of you ladies..........and what an awesome small publisher...........Rita

        • Doris Fisher
          Message 4 of 11 , May 30, 2008
            Yes, Lee German is very nice to his authors and illustrators. His wife,
            Donna, was/is a bestselling cookbook author and they knew just how they
            wanted to treat others with contracts, promotion and all.

            Susan, Dani, Doris.........spend a lot of time the last two days with your
            publisher Lee Germain at PMA-U and will see him at BookExpo this
            weekend............he spoke very highly of all 3 of you ladies..........and
            what an awesome small publisher...........Rita

          • JoAn Watson Martin
            Message 5 of 11 , May 30, 2008
              Lee is nice even to reviewers. I talked to him at TLA and he
              remembered how many of their books I had reviewed.

              JoAn

            • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                Dotti,

                Congrats again, Dotti!! That's fantastic! What is your book about? I hope this email doesn't get lost in the spam blocker again!!

                Gail

                Message 7 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                  Thanks, Gail! But you just reminded me that I need to check the spam blocker! I always forget. If a flood of outdated email comes through, you'll know why.

                  Dotti

                  Dotti Enderle
                  MAN IN THE MOON
                  Delacorte Press, July 2008

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                    Outstanding news, Dotti.  You'll love working with that group, they are very professional and good people.  My 4th professional educator's book is due to them July 1.

                    Aileen Kirkham

                    http://www.dottiend erle.com

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                      Aileen, I figured that just from the phone call from Matt Mulder. He was sweet and congenial, and even told me to keep the Thursday night of TLA open for the Authors' dinner. :-)

                      Dotti

                      Dotti Enderle
                      MAN IN THE MOON
                      Delacorte Press, July 2008