Re: [scbwi-houston] Another Sale!

  • Susan Mitchell
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2008
      That's awesome Dotti! Congrats!

      Dotti Enderle <enderle4@...> wrote: I just got an acceptance for a picture book from Highsmith/Upstart Books. Highsmith is the same publisher that did Pat Miller's recent book.

      Contract is on the way. Yay!

      Dotti

      Dotti Enderle
      MAN IN THE MOON
      Delacorte Press, July 2008

    • Ana Maria Rodriguez
      Message 2 of 11 , May 29, 2008
        BIG congrats, Dottie!

        Ana Maria Rodriguez

        _____

        From: houstonspeakers@...
        [mailto:houstonspeakers@...] On Behalf Of Dotti Enderle
        Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:24 PM
        To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
        Cc: houstonspeakers@...
        Subject: Another Sale!

        I just got an acceptance for a picture book from Highsmith/Upstart Books.
        Highsmith is the same publisher that did Pat Miller's recent book.

        Contract is on the way. Yay!

        Dotti

        Dotti Enderle
        MAN IN THE MOON
        Delacorte Press, July 2008

      • Mary Ann & Bill Hellinghausen
        Message 3 of 11 , May 29, 2008
          Woo Hoo!! Way to go, Dottie ~

          Mary Ann H.

        • rita.mills@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , May 29, 2008
            Susan, Dani, Doris.........spend a lot of time the last two days with your publisher Lee Germain at PMA-U and will see him at BookExpo this weekend............he spoke very highly of all 3 of you ladies..........and what an awesome small publisher...........Rita

          • Doris Fisher
            Message 5 of 11 , May 30, 2008
              Yes, Lee German is very nice to his authors and illustrators. His wife,
              Donna, was/is a bestselling cookbook author and they knew just how they
              wanted to treat others with contracts, promotion and all.

              Susan, Dani, Doris.........spend a lot of time the last two days with your
              publisher Lee Germain at PMA-U and will see him at BookExpo this
              weekend............he spoke very highly of all 3 of you ladies..........and
              what an awesome small publisher...........Rita

            • JoAn Watson Martin
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                Lee is nice even to reviewers. I talked to him at TLA and he
                remembered how many of their books I had reviewed.

                JoAn

              • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                  Dotti,

                  Congrats again, Dotti!! That's fantastic! What is your book about? I hope this email doesn't get lost in the spam blocker again!!

                  Gail

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                    Thanks, Gail! But you just reminded me that I need to check the spam blocker! I always forget. If a flood of outdated email comes through, you'll know why.

                    Dotti

                    Dotti Enderle
                    MAN IN THE MOON
                    Delacorte Press, July 2008

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                      Outstanding news, Dotti.  You'll love working with that group, they are very professional and good people.  My 4th professional educator's book is due to them July 1.

                      Aileen Kirkham

                      http://www.dottiend erle.com

                      Message 10 of 11 , May 30, 2008
                        Aileen, I figured that just from the phone call from Matt Mulder. He was sweet and congenial, and even told me to keep the Thursday night of TLA open for the Authors' dinner. :-)

                        Dotti

                        Dotti Enderle
                        MAN IN THE MOON
                        Delacorte Press, July 2008