Re: note taking at Monday's meeting

  • Vicki Sansum
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2008
      Hi all,
      I need some help. Monday night both Aileen Kirkham and Pat Miller will
      be absent because of health reasons. Pat asked if someone could take
      notes and e-mail them to her by the end of the week. Then she will have
      time to post them before her surgery. Is there anyone who can help with
      this job this month? I've pasted below the style that Pat uses for the
      notes.
      Thank you!
      Vicki

      Dear writers,

      This past month we had 47 attendees including 7 new members at our
      Houston SCBWI meeting. Welcome to Geronima Garza, Ginger Smith, Tina
      Pennington, Petula Workman, Jenny Bailey, Jack Sheridan, Carmen Clark,
      and Mary Riser.

      *MEMBER NEWS:*

      *Deborah Bryson* sent an e-mail to celebrate an acceptance in February.

      *Alicia Richardson* had an article published in /Nature Friend./

      *Dottie Enderle*’s /Grandpa for Sale /was named a National Storytelling
      Resource and her /Fat Stock Stamped at the Houston Livestock Show and
      Rodeo /is being sold in Kroger, HEB, and Sam’s Club.

      *Barbara Holt*’s story from the conference was selected by Kathi Appelt
      as the one she felt most able to help to publication.

      *Varsha Barja*’s /How Many Kisses Do You Want Tonight? /is in its second
      printing as a board book and its fourth printing as a picture book.

      *Pat Miller*’s /Substitute Groundhog /was published in paperback in the
      school book club market along with an audio version on CD and tape. Her
      newest book, /We’re Going on a Book Hunt, /was placed on all 180 tables
      at the Bluebonnet Luncheon at TLA as a door prize. It debuted at the
      conference.

      A number of our members were signing their books at TLA—in the SCBWI
      booth, in their publishers’ booths, and in the author area.

      *MORE GREAT NEWS*

      Picture Book Workshop with Kathi Appelt will be a full Saturday in
      September, 2008.

      The SCBWI Editor Day will be Saturday, February 21, 2009. Mary Wade is
      already lining up a number of editors from closed houses who will crack
      the door for manuscripts from our SCBWI members.

      *MEETING: CRITIQUE GROUPS—DO I STAY OR DO I GO?*

      Charles Trevino, long-time critique member, not only talks the talk, but
      he walks the walk. He brought members of his critique group, Geronima,
      Brian, and Lynne, to help present. Lynne graciously sent along the
      slides from her PowerPoint. Their critique group is open to all comers,
      so contact him for more information at charles.trevino@...
      <mailto:charles.trevino@...>.

      See you at our May meeting on Monday, May 5! Come prepared to write and
      to enjoy our speaker on playwriting.

      * *

      * *
    • Carmen Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2008
        Vicki
        I can help you if you have not gotten any takers yet!

      • Marty Graham
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2008
          Hi Vicki. I have a question. How do I get the newsletter automatically
          online. I am not getting it, and miss not reading up on our SCBWI chaper.
          That was fun with you in Austin. Anything going on?
          Marty