Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: looking for books

  • Wayne Edwards
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2008
      Count me in.
      Wayne

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: morris7625@...
      To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 11:02 PM
      Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] Re: looking for books

      Dear Group,
      Might be fun to do this as a chapter. Everybody donate a book. We'll send it
      book rate. Divide the cost. Would probably be much cheaper per person than
      sending a book to Scotland.
      Just a thought - kim

      In a message dated 3/31/2008 4:37:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
      vsansum@... writes:

      This notice was on the Regional Advisor listserve. The Scotland chapter
      is brand new.

      The SCBWI Scotland will be hosting a competition in April for primary
      age school children to name and decorate their new logo. As many of
      you know we are just setting up this region and don't have the funds
      to buy prizes. I'm wondering if any published authors or illustrators
      would be interested in donating/trading a book or promotional
      materials for us to use as prizes. You would receive publicity in
      return for you generosity. We will be announcing the winners on our
      website, bloggers, SCBWI British Isle newsletter, local newspaper etc…
      If anyone is interested please contact me ASAP at
      cbraden@... <mailto:cbraden%40btinternet.com>

      If anyone wants to mail them one of their books, the address is:
      Address:
      C. Braden
      ARA SCBWI Scotland
      4 Main Street
      West Wemyss
      Kirkcaldy
      KY1 4SN
      UK
      She also would like a short bio along with your book.

    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
        Good idea Kim. Will you be at the meeting Monday night? You could collect
        books then.

        Home.

      • JoAn Watson Martin
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
          Kim,
          I will be glad to donate one of my books. I also have new books that
          I have
          reviewed. Would they be interested in using some of those for prizes?
          I will bring
          some on Mon 4-7 to the meeting.

          JoAn

        • kathygw@suddenlink.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
            I'd like to send a book - my maiden name is McFaull so how can I refuse? I won't be at the meeting so is there an address that I can send a book to for the collection?
            Kathy Whitehead

          • morris7625@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 1, 2008
              Alas, I will not be at the meeting. I have a conflict. But if you guys DO
              decide to do it, I will most certainly contribute a book and pay my share of the
              postage. Be sure and let me know. (Wasn't that incredibly smooth weasle work?
              I oughta' go into politics.)

              By the by - I loved the poem on the evite and I wouldn't change a THING!!!
              Makes me think of ...

              Lives of great men all remind us
              We should have our pictures took
              And departing, leave behind us
              Just exactly how we look

              Ogden Nash, after Longfellow

              Home.

            • JoAn Watson Martin
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2008
                Vicki,
                I will bring a book to the meeting Mon. Shall I bring a few of the
                new books I have
                reviewed also, or do we just want to send books written by our
                chapter? Thanks for
                getting them in the mail. I will be glad to share in the postage
                expense.

                Joan