Katherine Paterson in Houston

  • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2008
      I saw that author Katherine Paterson will be speaking at the Cullen Theatre
      here in Houston on Feb. 24th, the day after our conference. Afterward she
      will be doing a reading and a book signing at Brazos bookstore:

      http://www.inprinthouston.org/inprint.cfm?a=cms,c,49,2,14

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
        I'm going to try and make it too. I'd love to hear her speak.

        Dotti

        Thanks so much for sharing that information.
        I've put the date on my calendar. She's my favorite children's author.

        Millie

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 15, 2008
            I heard Katherine Paterson in NY at the SCBWI Conference in February, 2007.
            She is an amazing speaker and motivating for all writers. I learned even the
            well published and well known authors dread the white blank page staring at
            them!

            She is definitely worth the time to hear her words of wisdom.

            Doris

            I saw that author Katherine Paterson will be speaking at the Cullen Theatre
            here in Houston on Feb. 24th, the day after our conference. Afterward she
            will be doing a reading and a book signing at Brazos bookstore:

            http://www.inprinth
            <http://www.inprinthouston.org/inprint.cfm?a=cms,c,49,2,14>
            ouston.org/inprint.cfm?a=cms,c,49,2,14

          • Doris Fisher
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2008
              Thanks to all of you who expressed sympathy over my mother's death. I
              received emails and many, many cards from Houston SCBWI members. My critique
              group sent me a gorgeous floral arrangement, which I still have after nearly
              two weeks.

              It's comforting to have support and be remembered by so many friends. I
              appreciate your kindness and compassion.

              Doris

              Children's Author

              Happy Birthday to Whooo?

              Odd Day, Even Day, Half Day