Re: [scbwi-houston] New editing job

  • mildred martin
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
      Congrats, Marianne.

      I seems a perfect fit.

      Best wishes,
      Millie

      ------ Original Message ------
      From: "Marianne" <mjdyson@...>
      To: "Scbwi-Houston@Yahoogroups. Com" <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] New editing job

      Okay, my good news is finally official!

      I am now a magazine editor. The name is Ad Astra, the quarterly magazine of
      the National Space Society. Those of you who know what a space enthusiast I
      am will understand what a good fit this is for me. I have been a technical
      editor for several publishers for years and a newsletter editor before that,
      but this is the first time I've had the authority and responsibility of
      assigning articles for a paying market. It is a bit intimidating, but also a
      lot of fun. If you're interested in writing for the magazine, we pay 25 c/w,
      and I'm open to queries (but wait a few weeks--this issue is already full,
      and we won't start the next one until mid-February). Guidelines are on the
      website. After this initial issue is put to bed later this month, I hope to
      make time for a little more writing for kids. I don't know how all of you
      with "day jobs" manage to get so much done! Maybe you can tell me your
      secrets during lunch at the SCBWI conference next month. See you all there.

      Marianne Dyson

      Assignments Editor, Ad Astra magazine
      http://www.nss.org/adastra <blocked::http://www.nss.org/adastra>

      American Institute of Physics &