Re: [scbwi-houston] New member hello

  • Donna Maloy
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 29, 2007
      Thank you, Dotti, for all your help and your kind words.
      Donna

      Dotti Enderle <enderle4@...> wrote:
      Hi Donna! Your trilogy sounds interesting. I hope you find an agent soon.

      Hopefully you'll find a ride to the meetings. Unfortunately, I'm a long way from Clear Lake.

      Dotti

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2007
        I have a ride-- I'll be there! There are probably few faces I remember, so please introduce yourself.
        Donna

        Vicki Sansum <vsansum@...> wrote:
        Hi Donna,
        Welcome back to SCBWI. Check out our website for info on our February
        conference. It's a great way to meet editors and agents in person. And
        we still have openings for critiques. See you Monday night!
        Vicki

      • JoAn Watson Martin
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 5, 2008
          Donna,
          A theater teacher asked me about a play for Feb, Black History month.
          I thought of you immediately. Do you have anything that promotes
          diversity, tolerance, etc.
          He would especially like to find something that is broader than
          Blacks, maybe include Hispanic, Jewish, etc.
          I thought of you and your plays. Anyone else have any ideas????

          JoAn

          On Dec 29, 2007, at 9:40 AM, Donna Maloy wrote:

          > Hi, everyone.
          > I'm Donna Maloy. I''m a new(ly renewed) SCBWI member. I've written
          > two adult romances, about twenty-five plays for teens/tweens/kids,
          > and the first book in a YA historical-fantasy trilogy. This book,
          > Legend of the Fox, won first place in the NTWRA Great Expectations
          > contest and has been at my two agents-of-choice for three months --
          > with no word at all. I'm finishing up an Americana sequence of
          > plays for elementary students, beginning a take-off on High School
          > Musical for Middle School students (rehearsals start in February so
          > I gotta write REEEEALLY fast), and working on the second in the
          > fantasy book series -- when I'm not slaving at my two part-time day
          > jobs. My main goals for 2008 are to get an agent for the series,
          > sell more plays, and make more time for writing. I do sort of like
          > the site for my series, www.shapeshifterchronicles.com, so feel
          > free to visit that one. But you don't have to tell me that I need
          > someone to revamp my very blah author website. My
          > son-in-law says he can help, so I've got fingers crossed he'll have
          > the time.
          > I live in Clear Lake but would really like to go to some of the
          > meetings. If there is anyone who lives nearby and wouldn't mind
          > carting me and my crutches, I'd pay gas. I'll be back on my feet in
          > a month or two and can take my turn driving then.
          > Donna

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
            Thank you to all who have contacted me with their best wishes for my mom’s
            recovery. She was dismissed from the hospital yesterday and is back home
            recovering. We keep our hopes up and good spirits.

            Ana María

          • ctbkaty@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
              Ana Maria,

              Thank goodness your mother is doing better. I'll keep her in my thoughts.