Re: Finally!

  • tiggertex@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
      Thanks you for all the sweet words.

      I started my excel spreadsheet on Moose titles. Mel and JoAn, I'm rolling
      on the floor. Dottie, thank's for liking us Yankees up her in the Far North
      side of I-45.

      Ana Marie- as much as I would love to come for Monday meeting, I'm just
      traveled out. Perhaps next year.

      Write On!
      bett

      Message 2 of 25 , Dec 1, 2007
        Hi, Bettina,
        What a good piece of news about your moose book. Congratulations! It's an
        exciting time in a writer's live. Good for you! I'll be waiting to hear abll
        about it.
        Love
        Joyce

      • Aileen Kirkham
        Message 3 of 25 , Dec 3, 2007
          OUTSTANDING! Well deserved and long overdue :)

          Aileen Kirkham

          --- Bettina Restrepo <bettina@...>
          wrote:

          > Dear Houston Friends,
          >
          > I pleased to announce the publication of my first
          > picture book, Moose (working title), by Sylvan Dell
          > in Spring 2009.
          >
          > Moose is about the lifecycle of the North American
          > moose told through jokes and riddles and a bit of
          > sarcasms (go non-fiction!) Those of you who know my
          > quirky sense of humor will get a real chuckle. They
          > won't tell me who my illustrator is, but I have been
          > promised some full of personality and a very comical
          > moose.
          >
          > Somewhere in the next month, I'll be running a
          > contest to name by book because Moose is just
          > wayyyyyy too boring. If you have any fancy-pants
          > ideas... send them along!
          >
          > Big Hugs from DFW,
          > Bettina Restrepo
          > www.bettinarestrepo.com

          > removed]

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?
        • Tayyba Kanwal
          Message 4 of 25 , Dec 3, 2007
            Congratulations!! I can't wait to read it. I am not familiar with your work, but a quirky sense of humor sounds like it will be right up my alley. If I knew a little more about the story, I might be able to suggest a few titles. Good luck with the publishing process, I sure hope they find an illustrator you like.

            Tayyba

            --- Bettina Restrepo <bettina@bettinarest repo.com>

          • morris7625@aol.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Dec 3, 2007
              YAYYY BETTINA! You're on your way.

              Kimberly Morris
              author / speaker / publishing consultant
              _www.kimberlymorris.com_ (http://www.kimberlymorris.com/)
              _www.publishingmatters.com_ (http://www.publishingmatters.com/)

            • Ana Maria Rodriguez
              Message 6 of 25 , Dec 4, 2007
                Hey, Kim!!

                We missed you all last night, but saw your latest Disney book! Have a good
                Holiday!

                Ana María

                _____

                <http://www.kimberlymorris.com/> morris.com/)
                _www.publishingmatters.com_ (http://www.publishi
                <http://www.publishingmatters.com/> ngmatters.com/)

              • morris7625@aol.com
                Message 7 of 25 , Dec 4, 2007
                  Dear Group,

                  I was sorry to miss the meeting and the party. Have been putting in
                  all-nighters for several days in a row (combination of work and sick dog) and
                  couldn't leave.

                  HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON A GOOD YEAR FOR THE
                  CHAPTER! 2009 IS GOING TO BE EVEN BETTER!!!

                  P.S. Sherry - I'll send you an autographed fairy book for the basket with
                  some bookmarks etc.

                  Kimberly Morris
                  author / speaker / publishing consultant
                  _www.kimberlymorris.com_ (http://www.kimberlymorris.com/)
                  _www.publishingmatters.com_ (http://www.publishingmatters.com/)

                • rebecca nolen
                  Message 8 of 25 , Dec 5, 2007
                    Congrats Bettina. Here's to hard work and for not quitting!

                    Hey Kim -

                    What about 2008?

                    love ya
                    reb
                    My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.(Winnie-the-Pooh)

                    To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com