Fw: Update, and Happy Halloween!

  • Deborah Frontiera
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
      Some of you might be interested in sending books to this award. (It's the one I won last year) This award is for small presses and independent publishers.
      Debbie Frontiera
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
        Debbie, what is the prize for winning?

        Dotti

        - - - - - - - - -

      • ReadGarland@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
          And just to clarify the definition of "small press" -- I was told that
          Pelican Publishing is considered too large so any books published by them cannot be
          entered. Bummer!

          Sherry Garland

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
            I could enter Grandpa for Sale though because Flashlight Press only publishes two picture books a year.

            But I still don't know what the winner receives. Is there a cash prize?

            Dotti

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 30, 2007
              My book wasn't a winner last year but I was one of the entertainers for the Book Trails Dinner.
              Wayne

              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
                Dotti--

                Here is the link to the NTBF Award. Apprently there is no cash prize
                involved.

                _http://www.ntbf.org/NTBFBookAward.html_
                (http://www.ntbf.org/NTBFBookAward.html)

                Sherry

                Message 7 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
                  I wonder where the entry fee goes? I entered anyway.

                  Message 8 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
                    No cash prize. Nice award--shadow box type with book cover and wording--hand made, good big roll of stickers with award to put on books. Good publicity and nice to advertise yourself as "award winning" author.
                    Debbie

                    I could enter Grandpa for Sale though because Flashlight Press only publishes two picture books a year.

                    But I still don't know what the winner receives. Is there a cash prize?

                    Dotti

                    Dotti Enderle
                    http://www.dottienderle.com<http://www.dottienderle.com/>

                    ************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com<http://www.aol.com/>

                  • morris7625@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Oct 31, 2007
                      Debbie,
                      Re: Texas Book Festival Award - can the author enter a book, or must the
                      publisher do it?
                      kim

                      Kimberly Morris
                      author / speaker / publishing consultant
                      _www.kimberlymorris.com_ (http://www.kimberlymorris.com/)
                      _www.publishingmatters.com_ (http://www.publishingmatters.com/)

                    • Deborah Frontiera
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 1, 2007