RE: [scbwi-houston] Good News!

  • Doris Fisher
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
      Woot?? Woot?

      :-) how funny!

      Doris

      Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award Finalist!
      http://www.writersl <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html>
      eague.org:80/contests/teddy.html

      Woot! Woot!

      Dotti

      Dotti Enderle
      GRANDPA FOR SALE
      A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
      http://www.dottiend <http://www.dottienderle.com> erle.com

    • merlepetersen@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
        Congratulations. Dottie and Vicki! You deserved this award! Keep up the great writing!
        Merle

        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
          WOW! CONGRATS TO YOU AND VICKI!!!

          Sheila O Lindsay

          ________________________________

          Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award
          Finalist!
          http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html
          <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html>

          Woot! Woot!

          Dotti

          Dotti Enderle
          GRANDPA FOR SALE
          A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
          http://www.dottienderle.com <http://www.dottienderle.com>

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
            Big congrats to both writers and the illustrator!

            Ana Maria Rodriguez

            _____

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
              Congrats, Mary Ann. Way to go!

              Millie

              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                Congrats, Dottie and Vicki. That quite an honor.

                Millie

              • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                  That's super news, Mary Ann! Please let us know month it appears!!

                  Gail Greenberg

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                    Congrats Vicki and Dotti,

                    That is fantastic news! Ditto on the big time honor!

                    Gail Greenberg

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                      Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

                      Dotti

                      Dotti Enderle
                      GRANDPA FOR SALE
                      A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!

                    • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                        Yes, Doris, the Querytracker boards even have a "Woot" smilie now. I pasted
                        it below but I don't know if the image will show up on a listserv message.
                        We'll see:

                        [image: Woot] <javascript:void(0);>

                        On 10/8/07, Doris Fisher <abcdoris@...> wrote:

                        > Woot?? Woot?
                        >
                        > :-) how funny!
                        >
                        > Doris
                        >
                        > Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award
                        > Finalist!
                        > http://www.writersl <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html<http://www.writersleague.org/contests/teddy.html>
                        > >
                        > eague.org:80/ <http://eague.org/>contests/teddy.html
                        >
                        > Woot! Woot!
                        >
                        > Dotti
                        >
                        > Dotti Enderle
                        > GRANDPA FOR SALE
                        > A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
                        > http://www.dottiend <http://www.dottienderle.com> erle.com

                      • Vicki Sansum
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                          Yes, thank you, everyone!

                          Dotti Enderle wrote:
                          > Thanks for the congrats, everyone!
                          >
                          > Dotti
                          >
                          > Dotti Enderle
                          > GRANDPA FOR SALE
                          > A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
                          > http://www.dottienderle.com

                        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                            Hello, May Ann:

                            Congratulations on your sale to Highlights! I can’t wait to read it. I hope
                            it comes out soon.

                            Since we are passing on good news, I am happy to tell you that Highlights
                            also bought my article on alligators a month ago. (“Chomp, Chomp, Chomp
                            Alligator!”). They though it would fit nicely in their “science in action”
                            section.

                            YES MAG published my article on a silent underwater vehicle that “spies” on
                            whales (“A Whale of a Robot!”) in their September/October 2007 issue. It has
                            wonderful color photos of the bright-yellow torpedo-shaped robot and a
                            beaked whale.

                            We can’t complain, right?

                            Best to all!

                            Ana María

                            Ana Maria Rodriguez, PhD

                            Author

                            Visit my website at: www.anamariarodriguez.com

                            _____

                              Message 14 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                                Congratulations Vicki and Dotti!
                              • Peggy
                                Message 15 of 20 , Nov 24, 2013

                                  Congrats. Oveta Culp Hobby was quite a gal and I'm glad her story is being told.  Peggy Shallock

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 26, 2013
                                    Wow, Debra. That's super. I've always admired Oveta Culp Hobby.

                                    Funny, I just read her Wiki-bio after seeing Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter at the Crystal Bridges art museum and thinking about that generation of women.

                                    The Fredericksburg NF conference sounds like a terrific opportunity.

                                    "You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction."

                                     Isabel Allende

                                    Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
                                    ARA, Houston SCBWI
                                    13319 Spring Hollow Drive
                                    Tomball, TX 77375

                                  • Debra Winegarten
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 26, 2013
                                      Thanks, Millie! Even though both Oveta and her son, Bill Hobby, Jr. Insisted she was not a feminist, I think she is one of the unsung heroes of the modern-day women's movement.

                                      Debra

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      find out more about me: www.sociosights.com