RE: [scbwi-houston] Good News!

  • Doris Fisher
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
      Woot?? Woot?

      :-) how funny!

      Doris

      Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award Finalist!
      http://www.writersl <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html>
      eague.org:80/contests/teddy.html

      Woot! Woot!

      Dotti

      Dotti Enderle
      GRANDPA FOR SALE
      A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
      http://www.dottiend <http://www.dottienderle.com> erle.com

    • merlepetersen@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
        Congratulations. Dottie and Vicki! You deserved this award! Keep up the great writing!
        Merle

        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
          WOW! CONGRATS TO YOU AND VICKI!!!

          Sheila O Lindsay

          ________________________________

          Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award
          Finalist!
          http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html
          <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html>

          Woot! Woot!

          Dotti

          Dotti Enderle
          GRANDPA FOR SALE
          A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
          http://www.dottienderle.com <http://www.dottienderle.com>

        • Ana Maria Rodriguez
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
            Big congrats to both writers and the illustrator!

            Ana Maria Rodriguez

            _____

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
              Wonderful, Mary Ann! That was such a good idea, and how delicious that
              Highlights thinks so too, right?
              Love,
              Joyce

            • mildred martin
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                Congrats, Mary Ann. Way to go!

                Millie

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                  Congrats, Dottie and Vicki. That quite an honor.

                  Millie

                • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                    That's super news, Mary Ann! Please let us know month it appears!!

                    Gail Greenberg

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 8, 2007
                      Congrats Vicki and Dotti,

                      That is fantastic news! Ditto on the big time honor!

                      Gail Greenberg

                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                        Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

                        Dotti

                        Dotti Enderle
                        GRANDPA FOR SALE
                        A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!

                      • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                          Yes, Doris, the Querytracker boards even have a "Woot" smilie now. I pasted
                          it below but I don't know if the image will show up on a listserv message.
                          We'll see:

                          [image: Woot] <javascript:void(0);>

                          On 10/8/07, Doris Fisher <abcdoris@...> wrote:

                          > Woot?? Woot?
                          >
                          > :-) how funny!
                          >
                          > Doris
                          >
                          > Vicki and I just found out that GRANDPA FOR SALE is a Teddy Award
                          > Finalist!
                          > http://www.writersl <http://www.writersleague.org:80/contests/teddy.html<http://www.writersleague.org/contests/teddy.html>
                          > >
                          > eague.org:80/ <http://eague.org/>contests/teddy.html
                          >
                          > Woot! Woot!
                          >
                          > Dotti
                          >
                          > Dotti Enderle
                          > GRANDPA FOR SALE
                          > A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
                          > http://www.dottiend <http://www.dottienderle.com> erle.com

                        • Vicki Sansum
                          Message 12 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                            Yes, thank you, everyone!

                            Dotti Enderle wrote:
                            > Thanks for the congrats, everyone!
                            >
                            > Dotti
                            >
                            > Dotti Enderle
                            > GRANDPA FOR SALE
                            > A Borders Books Featured Selection for October!
                            > http://www.dottienderle.com

                          • Ana Maria Rodriguez
                            Message 13 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                              Hello, May Ann:

                              Congratulations on your sale to Highlights! I can’t wait to read it. I hope
                              it comes out soon.

                              Since we are passing on good news, I am happy to tell you that Highlights
                              also bought my article on alligators a month ago. (“Chomp, Chomp, Chomp
                              Alligator!”). They though it would fit nicely in their “science in action”
                              section.

                              YES MAG published my article on a silent underwater vehicle that “spies” on
                              whales (“A Whale of a Robot!”) in their September/October 2007 issue. It has
                              wonderful color photos of the bright-yellow torpedo-shaped robot and a
                              beaked whale.

                              We can’t complain, right?

                              Best to all!

                              Ana María

                              Ana Maria Rodriguez, PhD

                              Author

                              Visit my website at: www.anamariarodriguez.com

                              _____

                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 9, 2007
                                  Congratulations Vicki and Dotti!
                                • Peggy
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Nov 24, 2013

                                    Congrats. Oveta Culp Hobby was quite a gal and I'm glad her story is being told.  Peggy Shallock

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Nov 26, 2013
                                      Wow, Debra. That's super. I've always admired Oveta Culp Hobby.

                                      Funny, I just read her Wiki-bio after seeing Norman Rockwell's Rosie the Riveter at the Crystal Bridges art museum and thinking about that generation of women.

                                      The Fredericksburg NF conference sounds like a terrific opportunity.

                                      "You can tell the deepest truths with the lies of fiction."

                                       Isabel Allende

                                      Millie Theis Martin, Ph.D.
                                      ARA, Houston SCBWI
                                      13319 Spring Hollow Drive
                                      Tomball, TX 77375

                                    • Debra Winegarten
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Nov 26, 2013
                                        Thanks, Millie! Even though both Oveta and her son, Bill Hobby, Jr. Insisted she was not a feminist, I think she is one of the unsung heroes of the modern-day women's movement.

                                        Debra

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        find out more about me: www.sociosights.com