Conference

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
      When is our local conference scheduled? Is it in February?

      Dotti

      Dotti Enderle
      Grandparents Day is September 9!
      GRANDPA FOR SALE (Flashlight Press)

    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
        Our conference will be February 23 at a place to be named later. We have
        three editors, an agent, and an illustrator coming along with Kimberly Willis
        Holt.

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
          Yay! I love Kimberly Willis Holt!

          Dotti

          Dotti Enderle
          Grandparents Day is September 9!
          GRANDPA FOR SALE (Flashlight Press)

          Our conference will be February 23 at a place to be named later. We have
          three editors, an agent, and an illustrator coming along with Kimberly Willis
          Holt.

        • Doris Fisher
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
            Hi All,

            Just in case you didn't get enough about my book last night at the SCBWI
            meeting, here is an article that ran today in a local community paper.

            http://www.ourtribune.com/article.php?id=1526

            Doris

            +++++++++++++++++

            Children's Author

            Happy Birthday to Whooo?

            Odd Day, Even Day, Half Day

            Kelly Clarkson, Grammar All Stars

            Play with your Food, puzzles

            PINK INK Editing

            www.abcdoris.com <http://www.abcdoris.com/>

            <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/>

            ,_._,___

          • gailgreenberg@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
              Doris,

              Congratulations again!!!!!!!! That's an excellent article. Great quotes! I am very happy for you. Congrats to Dani too.

              Gail

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 5, 2007
                Nice, Doris!

                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                  All mystery readers and aspiring authors are invited to attend a Mystery
                  Writer’s Conference at the Lone Star-Tomball Community Library on April 24th
                  from 1 pm to 4 pm. Meet 10 Texas authors, who will discuss the theme Myth or
                  Truth: How Our Past Influences Our Writing. A book sale and signing will
                  follow. Light refreshments will be available. The conference will be held in
                  the library's first floor meeting room, L 129.
                  The line up of authors who are available to sign their books and visit with
                  attendees include Bill Crider, John Foxjohn, Russ Hall, Ayn Hunt, William
                  Manchee, Rosemary Poole-Carter, Jo Ann Power, Leann Sweeney, Bev Vincent, and
                  Gayle Wigglesworth.
                  For more information, contact the library at 832-559-4213.

                • Aileen Kirkham
                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                    Speaking of conferences, for those of you attending
                    TLA in Dallas, I'll be presenting a workshop on April
                    16 at 2PM. If you're wanting some ideas on how to
                    organize a professional presentation, you may wish to
                    attend.

                    Aileen Kirkham, Author & Librarian

                  • marydwade@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 2, 2008
                      Congratulations, Aileen. You and Pat just keep amazing me.

                      Mary

                    • Aileen Kirkham
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 4, 2008
                        We share the same passion for reading and writing
                        quality literature :) The serendipitous joy of
                        networking with others who feel the same way is
                        especially rewarding :)
                        --- marydwade@... wrote:

                        > Congratulations, Aileen. You and Pat just keep
                        > amazing me.
                        >
                        > Mary

                        > removed]

                      • Varsha Bajaj
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jan 8, 2011

                          Hi all,

                          The early bird deadline for the Houston SCBWI conference is coming up on January 15th 2011. If you haven’t registered already, here’s the link.

                          http://www.scbwi-houston.org/calendar/2011-conference-the-art-of-book-craft/

                          Varsha

                        • Varsha Bajaj
                          Message 12 of 25 , Mar 31 1:07 PM

                            Hi all,

                            The Conference is around the corner. If you are attending and plan to blog about the Conference, please e-mail me off-list with your blog details.

                            Varsha

                          • Doris
                            Message 13 of 25 , Apr 1, 2012
                              Yes, I agree with all posts. The conference was just first rate all the way around. And I love my birdhouse, created by Daniela Weil. It's Pinkalicious and bling together. Perfect to make me smile every single time I glance at it and a lovely Easter decoration on top of that.

                              Woo Hoo for Houston SCBWI!

                              Doris Fisher
                            • martha roddy
                              Message 14 of 25 , Apr 1, 2012
                                I look forward to the conference every year.
                                How could it be greater and more informative year after year? We know.
                                Leaders and volunteers plan and work, work, work year after year after
                                year.

                                What a privilege to be a part of SCWBI-Houston, amazing writers and best
                                friends. Thank you. Martha
                              • ctbkaty@...
                                Message 15 of 25 , Apr 14, 2013

                                  Bravo to all of the conference organizers and volunteers. You put on another really great show. Take a week to rest before it starts all over again for next year.

                                  We are so lucky to have long-time stars in our lineup like Mary, Charles and Arno. They are real pros at what they do.

                                  Carmen

                                • Maria Ashworth
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Apr 14, 2013
                                    Spectacular conference! I met so many great people. Kudos to all the people that made this year so successful.

                                    Maria-Sent from my iPhone
                                  • Samantha Clark
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Apr 15, 2013
                                      Yes, the conference was fabulous -- again. Thanks to Vicki and the whole team. Everything was so smooth.

                                    • Bruce Foster
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Apr 25, 2014
                                        Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow! Wish I could be there with you all, but we are moving my daughter from College Station down to Galveston where she is about to begin her accelerated nursing program at UTMB this next week.

                                        I know you will have a wonderful day as our chapter always always does a beautiful planning for this!

                                        Bruce Foster
                                        http://www.paperpops.com
                                        281-373-0846
                                        832-594-8939 cell

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Apr 25, 2014

                                          We’ll miss you, Bruce. And good luck to your daughter.

                                          ~d

                                          Dotti Enderle

                                          /Dax Varley

                                          http://www.daxvarley.com

                                          Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow! Wish I could be there with you all, but we are moving my daughter from College Station down to Galveston where she is about to begin her accelerated nursing program at UTMB this next week.

                                          I know you will have a wonderful day as our chapter always always does a beautiful planning for this!

                                          Bruce Foster
                                          http://www.paperpops.com
                                          281-373-0846

                                          832-594-8939 cell

                                          No virus found in this message.

                                        • rebecca nolen
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Apr 25, 2014
                                            miss you!

                                            Author:  The Dry on Amazon   Deadly Thyme on Amazon
                                            Follow my blog
                                            "My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places." Winnie-the-Pooh

                                            To: scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Apr 27, 2014
                                                Thanks. It is always a nice place to visit. My daughter moved down there, but not me.

                                                Bruce Foster
                                                http://www.paperpops.com
                                                281-373-0846
                                                832-594-8939 cell

                                                On Apr 26, 2014, at 6:06 AM, martygra1@... wrote:

                                                Bruce! Happy moving. Galveston will provide a wonderful creative retreat for the entire family. Happy growing!
                                                And best wishes on your daughters dreams!

                                                Sent from my iPhone

                                                On Apr 25, 2014, at 4:38 PM, Bruce Foster <bruce@...> wrote:

                                                Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow! Wish I could be there with you all, but we are moving my daughter from College Station down to Galveston where she is about to begin her accelerated nursing program at UTMB this next week.

                                                I know you will have a wonderful day as our chapter always always does a beautiful planning for this!

                                                Bruce Foster
                                                http://www.paperpops.com
                                                281-373-0846
                                                832-594-8939 cell

                                              • Dee
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Apr 28, 2014
                                                  Kudos to all who organized, volunteered, chaired, and hosted/hostessed for the conference, dance, barbecue, workshop, critiques, auction, etc.  Thanks to the wonderful presenters, too!

                                                  I won't attempt to name everyone because I know I'll accidentally leave someone out. Everything seemed to go off like clockwork. It was a wonderful conference. Great job!

                                                  Dee Leone
                                                  Bizz and Buzz, Grosset & Dunlap, June 2014, bizzandbuzz.weebly.com