Dinner/Schmooze with Janette Rallison

  • Tamra Norton
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2007
      Hey Y'all,

      My friend and author, Janette Rallison is coming to town October 9th for a school visit and I thought it would be fun to introduce her to my SCBWI Houston friends. She's published 5 YA novels with Walker with another to be released in the fall. And her latest YA, How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-boyfriend, was just released by Putnam. Here's her website: http://www.janetterallison.com/

      Unless someone has a better idea, I was thinking we could meet for dinner on Tuesday, October 9th, somewhere in the NW part of Houston, near the school she's visiting (and my house). :) Any suggestions? Definitely someplace where we won't have to talk over too-loud music. And, of course, everyone would have to pick up their own tab. :)

      Any suggestions?

      --Tamra
      www.tamranorton.com

    • Aileen Kirkham
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2007
        Steamboat House at Gessner and Sam Houston Tollway
        (just west of 249/Tomball Parkway) is like walking
        into a museum of Texas history. I highly recommend it
        and have taken guests there for atmosphere and very
        good food. You can actually hear yourself talk.
        There's a replica of the Sam Houston statue that is
        located on I-45 at Huntsville.
        --- Tamra Norton <tamranorton@...> wrote:

        > Hey Y'all,
        >
        > My friend and author, Janette Rallison is coming
        > to town October 9th for a school visit and I thought
        > it would be fun to introduce her to my SCBWI Houston
        > friends. She's published 5 YA novels with Walker
        > with another to be released in the fall. And her
        > latest YA, How to Take the Ex Out of Ex-boyfriend,
        > was just released by Putnam. Here's her website:
        > http://www.janetterallison.com/
        >
        > Unless someone has a better idea, I was thinking
        > we could meet for dinner on Tuesday, October 9th,
        > somewhere in the NW part of Houston, near the school
        > she's visiting (and my house). :) Any suggestions?
        > Definitely someplace where we won't have to talk
        > over too-loud music. And, of course, everyone would
        > have to pick up their own tab. :)
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        >
        > --Tamra
        > www.tamranorton.com

        > removed]

        that gives answers, not web links.
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2007
          >There's a replica of the Sam Houston statue that is
          located on I-45 at Huntsville.

          I always hold my breath when I drive by that statue because I just know that'll be the time he'll turn into Godzilla and squash my car.

          Dotti

          Dotti Enderle
          GRANDPA FOR SALE (Flashlight Press)