referral

  • Rita Mills
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
      Mary, I couldn't find your email address, so this is the next best
      thing........

      Thanks for the referral and for spreading the word about me taking on new
      publishing projects under my Bluebonnets, Boots & Books
      imprint........Louise's anthology isn't anything I am interested in
      publishing myself, but I can help her package her books.........thanks
      again........Rita

    • Peggy Housman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
        Hello Rita. You do not know me, but I am live here in Houston and am a
        member of the SCBWI (for about a year). After reading your email to Mary,
        I am wondering if you are you a publisher of children books? Do you review
        unsolicited work?

        I am so new at this entire process, but I enjoy creating imaginative
        children books. I went to the library to purchase books on how to get
        published, but for every publisher that advertised taking unsolicited work,
        their website would say otherwise, stating they no longer accept unsolicited
        work due to the overwhelming reponses they received.

        I know my family and friends are laymen to this business, as I am, and are
        not professionals in this industry. Like most parents, they believe they
        are good critiques when choosing books for their children. However, as
        much as they may like my stories and ideas for their own children, none of
        us know what is good enough to get published, or what it takes.

        I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you can share for a new
        beginner.

        Congratulations on your new publishing projects.

        Thank you.
        Peggy Housman

        http://newlivehotmail.com
      • marydwade@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2007
          Rita,

          I'm glad you could respond to Louise. I have not seen what she has written.

          Marydw
          _Marydwade@..._ (mailto:Marydwade@...)