Re: [scbwi-houston] Fwd: Writing Opportunity

  • Bonnie Crow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2007
      Hi, thanks for sending this along Lynne. It is not the same lady I mentioned that is presenting but I think this one should be good. I plan on attending it as I go to many of their functions. They just had a great workshop on writing humor about a month ago. Tim does a great job of planning workshops. I attended the D Anne Love workshop last spring on writing novels. Everyone should check their website out frequently. They are very active, like our group, thanks to all the hard work of our great leaders. The web workshop we had last Monday was great. Thanks for everyones hard work.
      Bonnie

      Lynne Kelly Hoenig <lynne01@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone,

      I just received this email I wanted to pass along from the SCBWI regional
      advisor in Austin, about a workshop they are having in October about "The
      Hero's Journey." (Although I think Bonnie mentioned this workshop topic at a
      recent meeting here, so if the same presenter is coming to Houston I'm sure
      we'll just attend at that time instead of driving to Austin.)
      Also in this email are announcements about other upcoming events in Austin
      and their conference in April.
      I cut and pasted the workshop description and registration into the body of
      this message since I know attachments won't come through on the list; if
      you're unable to print it like it is you can email me individually for me to
      send you the attachment, or it should be on their website soon at
      www.austinscbwi.com .

      Lynne

      The Hero's Journey – Saturday, October 20, 2007

      8:30 – 4:00

      Wild Basin Preserve

      805 N. Capital of Texas Hwy.

      Austin, Texas

      Don't miss this opportunity to take your writing to the next level.

      Registration Opens Monday, July 16th

      *

      *The Hero's Journey*

      A Full Day Writing Workshop

      With

      *Dr. Lila Guzman*

      Saturday, October 20, 2007

      * *

      *Register Now*

      *** Thanks to a special offer by Dr. Lila Guzman, we are able to offer this
      incredible FULL DAY writing workshop at a discounted price.

      *** NOTE: As a special bonus for attending this workshop and using *The
      Hero's Journey *to get your manuscript ready to submit, participants will
      receive a $10 discount when registering for the April 26, 2008 conference.**

      * *

      *National SCBWI Members:** ** Non-Members:*

      *Early Bird Special Early
      Bird Special *

      Before October 1, 2007
      Before October 1, 2007