SCBWI-Brazos Valley Fall Conference

  • ReadGarland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      FYI -- I received a brochure from Brazos Valley SCBWI about their Fall
      Conference. I copied some of the information below. For more details about the
      schedule & a registration form, contact the RA (Liz Mertz) and ask her to send
      you a brochure. Sounds like a good one. Sherry

      The Brazos Valley SCBWI chapter is holding its annual Fall Conference on
      Saturday, September 22, 2007.

      Date: September 22, 2007
      Time: 8:30-4:30
      Location: A&M United Methodist Church,
      417 University Dr, College Station, TX

      Speakers:

      Stacy Cantor -- Assoc. Editor of Walker Books for Young Readers. She
      previously worked for Bloomsbury, Viking and a book packager.
      Kristi Holl -- author of 29 juvenile novels, 5 NF books, and 150 stories for
      magazines. She is the author of WRITER'S FIRST AID, a book to help writers.
      She taught writing for 22 years, and now works as a freelance editor for
      Zondervan Publishing and is a columnist for Once Upon a Time magazine.
      Joy Fisher Hein, illustrator of children's books and magazines

      Fees:
      SCBWI member -- $90 (before Aug. 15; $110 after)
      non member -- $100 (before Aug 15; $120 after)
      critique $35 (10 pps of ms or an art portfolio)

      Lunch & snacks included in fee.

      Holiday Inn Express (1203 University Drive, College Station,
      TX--979-846-8700) is setting aside some rooms for the rate of $94 (King or 2 dbl);
      reservations must be made before Sept. 1.

      For a conference brochure with registration form and more details or if you
      have questions, please contact:
      Liz Mertz -- _lizbmertz@..._ (mailto:lizbmertz@...)
      Regional Advisor
      SCBWI-Brazos Valley