Congrats Doris, Susan & Dani

  • Aileen Kirkham
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 22, 2007
      Congrats! to Doris Fisher, Susan Mitchell, and Dani
      Sneed for being three of the authors/illustrators in
      an article in "Children's Book Insider" about Sylvan
      Dell Publishing, June 2007 issue. I was so happy and
      PROUD to see names from the Houston SCBWI.

      According to the article, Sylvan Dell is accepting
      manuscripts at this time. Their submission criteria
      is very specific and by e-mail only, see their website
      if you choose to submit.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 22, 2007
        Aileen,

        And just think, my subscription stopped a few months ago and I did not
        renew.

        How funny is that?

        Thanks for letting me/us know.

        Doris

        +++++++++++++++++

        _____

        --- Doris Fisher <abcdoris@dorisfishe <mailto:abcdoris%40dorisfisher.com>
        r.com> wrote:

        > Wayne,
        >

        > Maybe you can get credit for this error, and have a
        > whole new audience to
        > view your work.
        >
        > Perhaps there is a bright side to all of this.
        >

        > The computer is always a wealth of info and images
        > for all. It's amazing
        > what folks put on it. Some folks have no shame!
        >

        > Doris Fisher
        >
        > +++++++++++++++++
        >
        > Children's Author
        >
        > Happy Birthday to Whooo?
        >
        > One Odd Day, My Even Day,
        >
        > Kelly Clarkson, Grammar All Stars
        >
        > PINK INK Editing
        >
        > www.abcdoris.com <http://www.abcdoris <http://www.abcdoris.com/> .com/>
        >
        > <http://iwrite4kids. <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/> blogspot.com/>

        > removed]

        that gives answers, not web links.
        http://mobile. <http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC>
        yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC

      • Wayne Edwards
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 22, 2007
          Doris,
          You are correct. I have gotten e-mails from several people saying that they went to my Web site as a result of the flap. I've gotten some great comments about individual poems. Consider the Snail seems to be a favorite.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
            Who? What? I'm in the same boat as Doris. I just let my subscription go also. Ha!

            Aileen Kirkham <bamaaileen@...> wrote: Congrats! to Doris Fisher, Susan Mitchell, and Dani
            Sneed for being three of the authors/illustrators in
            an article in "Children's Book Insider" about Sylvan
            Dell Publishing, June 2007 issue. I was so happy and
            PROUD to see names from the Houston SCBWI.

            According to the article, Sylvan Dell is accepting
            manuscripts at this time. Their submission criteria
            is very specific and by e-mail only, see their website
            if you choose to submit.

            --- Doris Fisher <abcdoris@...> wrote:

            > Wayne,
            >

            > Maybe you can get credit for this error, and have a
            > whole new audience to
            > view your work.
            >
            > Perhaps there is a bright side to all of this.
            >

            > The computer is always a wealth of info and images
            > for all. It's amazing
            > what folks put on it. Some folks have no shame!
            >

            > Doris Fisher
            >
            > +++++++++++++++++
            >
            > Children's Author
            >
            > Happy Birthday to Whooo?
            >
            > One Odd Day, My Even Day,
            >
            > Kelly Clarkson, Grammar All Stars
            >
            > PINK INK Editing
            >
            > www.abcdoris.com <http://www.abcdoris.com/>
            >
            > <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/>

            > removed]

            that gives answers, not web links.

          • Sally Lee
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 23, 2007
              I also read about our three stars in the Children's
              Book Insider. Congratulations girls. That's not only
              an honor, it is good advertising!
              Sally

            • Aileen Kirkham
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 24, 2007
                Most welcome :) I look forward to hearing more about
                your accomplishments when I'm able to attend the
                meetings again, hopefully August when I feel more
                comfortable about leaving my hubby on his own in the
                evening. He'd be okay now, but being there for him
                has been very important since his cerebral hemorrhage
                in March. He's making a very successful recovery, but
                we take nothing for granted.