RE: Mary

  • Rita Mills
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
      Mary........

      direction of a viable chapter, but Charles Trevino and many willing workers
      turned us into the Third Coast for SCBWI. Carmen Bredeson, now with the
      help of Susan Mitchell, is taking us into this millennium. ~~Mary

      Not to take anything away from anyone else who was in there helping, but
      you were the one who got it off the ground girl........I really didn't get
      involved until Charles was the RA, and I do give him a lot of credit for
      making it a family........but chances are if someone (like you) hadn't
      gotten it off the ground, the ball would have never started
      rolling........and, I don't think I am being too over the top
      here........does anyone else think so?........Rita

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
        >Not to take anything away from anyone else who was in there helping, but
        >you were the one who got it off the ground girl

        I came on when Mary and Marj were the Golden Girls. :-)

        Dotti

      • JoAn Watson Martin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2007
          Riita, You are not over the top at all about Mary Wade. I rremember
          when I was timidly trying to involve myself in writing after 22 years
          of teaching, Mary was always the helpful one on the phone. At the
          meetings she made all us newbies feel welcome and a part of
          everything. Let's hear it for Mary D. Wade - (don't forget the D or
          you will never find her). She was already the published one but did
          not "take on any airs" (old Alabama expression) over her successes.
          Mary might think we are speaking at her funeral.

          JoAn