call for stories

  • Deborah Frontiera
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      To anyone interested:
      I got a call for stories through another writing group news letter I belong to (one in Michigan)
      I actually called the place and got more details.
      Bruce Carlson, of
      Quixote Press
      3544 Blakeslee St.
      Wever, IA 52658
      1-800-571-2665
      Is looking for ghost stories (short stories) for an anthology. Especially ghost stories from the Hill Country in Texas. This is an adult anthology.
      They also publish cook books that are culturally/regionally focused and have information/stories/blurbs/interesting stuff as well as recopies; also folk lore especially on various Indian Tribes-which could mean children's books in that area.
      I told him I didn't have any of that type of stuff "on hand," but would pass the word to this group.

      He was great to talk to on the phone, so go ahead and call if you want more specifics.

      Debbie Frontiera