North Book Festival Book Award

  • Wayne Edwards
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1 9:36 AM
      Anyone with a new self published book might take notice, of course you might also notice who one of the featured speakers is.

      Wayne

      _Greetings from temporarily snowy and icy North Texas,
      friends and fans of the North Texas Book Festival!
      All of us here wish you and yours a very happy holiday season, including (but not limited to) a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, and a very happy new year! And speaking of that rapidly approaching new year....

      Deadline for North Texas Book Festival Book Award is December 31!
      Only one more month is left to get in your entry for the first annual NTBF Book Award. Remember, your entry must arrive by December 31 to qualify. For those of you new to this mailing list, you may visit www.ntbf.org to download the requirements and entry form; if you have trouble getting it there, pop me an email and I will send it directly to you. In brief, we are inviting all books published by their authors (including POD titles) or by small, start-up publishing companies, to enter your best work for this inaugural award year. We believe this is an underrepresented group of authors and publishers, and this award seeks to recognize excellence among self-publishers and micro-press publishers. Special note to children's book authors/publishers: We could use a few more entries in this category to make it even more interesting!

      The Family Poet joins our 2007 Featured Authors!
      We are extremely proud to announce that R. Wayne Edwards, "The Family Poet," has joined our lineup of featured authors for the 2007 North Texas Book Festival! A cartoonist and a storyteller, as well as the author of 11 books, Wayne's humorous poetry will tickle your funnybone and warm your heart. He is a frequent presenter at the George H. W. Bush Presidential Library, where schoolchildren and adults alike enjoy his delightful sense of humor. We look forward to hearing him at the 2007 Book Trails Dinner on April 20, as well as at the festival the next day.

      Also featured at the 2007 NTBF is Dr. Edward J. Perkins, former U. S. Ambassador to Australia and author of "Mr. Ambassador: Warrior for Peace." It is going to be a very exciting festival, and even more so if YOU can attend! While you are visiting www.ntbf.org, be sure to download the Author Registration form and plan to join us on Saturday, April 21, at the 2007 North Texas Book Festival--and at the Book Trails Dinner the night before!

      If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me. Again, I want to wish you all a very happy, safe, and enjoyable holiday season on behalf of myself and all of us at the North Texas Book Festival. Looking forward to seeing you there!
      Crystal Wood
      2007 Festival Chairman and
      Exec. VP for Unclaimed Priorities
      _,_._,___