Editor Day update

  • marydwade@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 29, 2006
      Just a jog to let you know that at Editor Day, the Chronicle editor will be
      Susan Pearson, replacing Lisa McGuiness who has family illness.

      Marianne has posted the new writeup on our website. Please check it because
      the submission info is different -- actually, Susan will take up to 10 pages,
      not 5. Also illustrators need to pay attention to submission details.

      At Monday night's meeting, we will be passing out HarperCollins and
      Charlesbridge catalogs to those who are registered. You can see me at the meeting if
      you have not sent in your registration.

      Mary

    • Doris Fisher
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 28, 2007
        Hi Writers and Artists,

        There are new puzzles on my website for all who might be interested.

        Doris Fisher

        +++++++++++++++++

        Children's Author

        Happy Birthday to Whooo?

        Kelly Clarkson, One Odd Day

        My Even Day, One Half Day

        PINK INK Editing

        www.abcdoris.com <http://www.abcdoris.com/>

        <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/>

      • Doris Fisher
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
          If anyone would like to donate books for Editor Day door prizes, I hope to
          come to the February SCBWI meeting. Be glad to receive some at that time.

          Also, I will take them on Editor Day. If you want a book specifically handed
          out while you are there at Editor Day, let me know. Seems like good
          publicity to me!

          Doris Fisher,

          Door Prize Chairman

          +++++++++++++++++

          _____

        • ctbkaty@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
            Hi Doris,

            Mary and I got the SCBWI stuff from Joyce's house last week. There is a bag
            of door prize books that I'll bring to you at the Feb. meeting.

          • JoAn Martin
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
              Doris,
              I will bring a copy of each of mine to the meeting to donate and I have
              4 or 5 that I have finished reviewing so will also bring those.
              I love plants and work in my greenhouse starting new ones. Do you think
              that would be an appropriate door prize?

              JoAn

              ----------

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
                Doris,
                I will bring four or five different titles on Editors' Day.
                Wayne

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
                  Let's keep the door prizes as books, JoAn.

                  It's a lovely thought and I appreciate the idea, but books are best!

                  Thanks for the donation of books, both your and reviewed ones.

                  Doris

                  From: "Doris Fisher" <abcdoris@...
                  <mailto:abcdoris%40dorisfisher.com> >
                  To: <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com <mailto:scbwi-houston%40yahoogroups.com>

                  Date: Mon, Jan 29, 2007, 11:47 AM

                  www.abcdoris.com <http://www.abcdoris.com/ <http://www.abcdoris.com/> >

                  <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/ <http://iwrite4kids.blogspot.com/> >

                  _____

                • ctbkaty@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
                    I'll be happy to donate several autographed books for Editors' Day.

                  • Doris Fisher
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 29, 2007
                      This is wonderful. Thanks so much.
                      I probably won't hand out more than two or three by one author unless
                      requested.

                      There is always the next event to remember!

                      Thanks, Doris