Re: [scbwi-houston] How To Article On Rhyming

  • Wayne Edwards
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 24, 2006
      Debbie,
      My contact there is Jennifer Campbell. You can mention my name if you like.
      There is a $78 one time set up fee but there is a special through the end of
      July that waves the fee if you order 50 books. The only other expense is $30
      to have a proof sent to you before final acceptance. Once you're set up, you
      can order as few copies as you want for the original price. My 188 page book
      will cost $3.72. My proofs looked great. I got two titles done at once.

      Lightning Source Inc.
      1246 Heil Quaker Blvd.
      La Vergne, TN 37086
      Phone: 615-213-4493
      Fax: 615-213-4426

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 25, 2006
        Dotti, thanks for sharing this article. It is really great.

        Millie

        Dori Chaconas has added a wonderful how-to article on her website that's all
        about rhyming. Here's the link to her site.
        http://www.dorichaconas.com

        Dotti Enderle
        (Granny Gert and the Bunion Brothers, Fall 2006)

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Varsha Bajaj
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 26, 2006
          Dotti,
          I second that. This article is even more detailed than the one she did
          on the Smart Writers website. It is wonderful as are her books.
          Varsha

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 26, 2006
            Dear Wayne,
            Lightning Source is who I currently use. I thought maybe there might be another one out there. I've had good service from Lightning Source, but I am always open to other ideas. Hope you have as good luck as I've had.
            Debbie

            > If anyone is interested, I have found a POD publisher that will print my
            > books, 6.14"x9.21", perfect bound with a full color cover (they let me
            > use
            > my own cover design) for $3.72 a copy for my 188 page books.
            > In August, they will start offering color interiors.
            > Wayne

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM<http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM>

          • Wayne Edwards
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 26, 2006
              Debbie,

              It seems that I am always the last to know. What size books do you usually
              order? I hope that the interior color is not outrageous. My books contain a
              full color illustration with each poem. Black and white just doesn't do them
              justice.

            • Deborah Frontiera
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 28, 2006
                Dear Wayne,
                Mine are 6x9 but I think you can get any size you want. My color covers are wonderful, assume their interior stuff would be as good. A lot depends on the quality of the scans you send them I think.
                Debbie

                > Lightning Source is who I currently use. I thought maybe there might be
                > another one out there. I've had good service from Lightning Source, but I
                > am always open to other ideas. Hope you have as good luck as I've had.
                > Debbie

                Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM<http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/k3FylB/TM>

              • Wayne Edwards
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 29, 2006
                  Debbie,

                  Thanks for the info. It seems strange that all of the books from 5X8 to 6X9
                  are the same price. It must be due to the paper stock size that they are cut