Re: [scbwi-houston] Digest Number 658

  • Deborah Bryson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      That's wonderful news about your book, Tamra. Enjoy your time in Utah and congrats on all your success! I'm sure it's nice to know that in addition to publicizing your book, you're also doing a nice thing for military families.

      Deb

      scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      There is 1 message in this issue.

      Topics in this digest:

      1. school visit opportunity in Killeen
      From: Tamra Norton

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
      From: Tamra Norton
      Subject: school visit opportunity in Killeen

      There is a school visit opportunity at Haybranch Elementary in Killeen on Friday, April 28th. I'll mention right off the bat that this isn't a paid event. It's their school's "Career Day" and they have invited a few different people of various professions--they really wanted to have an author this year. There will be several 25 minute presentations throughout the day (same presentation--"What it's like to be an author"--geared to various grade levels). I'm sure you'd be able to hand out bookmarks with a website...but probably not something like a book order form. If you're interested, please contact me right away.

      I was scheduled to do this school event in Killeen when the Utah Commission on Literacy and the governer's wife scheduled a huge event at Hill AFB in Utah on the 26th (when I was supposed to be arriving back in Texas after 2 weeks of UT school visits). The Commission and Gov's wife are giving out 100 copies of my book, she'll be reading from it, and I guess they want me to say a few words--ug! I'm actually really honored...just a little nervous. :) But since it takes 3 days to drive back from UT, and my publisher is pressuring me to be there (and...well...I'd rather sell my big toe than miss this thing) I really need a replacement. I talked to the counselor at Haybranch and she'd love to have another children's author take over.

      Soooooooo...any takers? :) If interested, e-mail me at tamra@... .

      --Tamra