RE: [scbwi-houston] messages bouncing

  • rebecca nolen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2006
      Actually, I went for over a year not being able to send but I was receiving
      the SCBWI group messages. Turns out that because I had formatted my email
      with a different type font, the server was rejecting my attempts to send
      ya'll any messages. Seems very sensitive to changes.

      rlnolen@...
    • Tamra Norton
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2006
        There is a school visit opportunity at Haybranch Elementary in Killeen on Friday, April 28th. I'll mention right off the bat that this isn't a paid event. It's their school's "Career Day" and they have invited a few different people of various professions--they really wanted to have an author this year. There will be several 25 minute presentations throughout the day (same presentation--"What it's like to be an author"--geared to various grade levels). I'm sure you'd be able to hand out bookmarks with a website...but probably not something like a book order form. If you're interested, please contact me right away.

        I was scheduled to do this school event in Killeen when the Utah Commission on Literacy and the governer's wife scheduled a huge event at Hill AFB in Utah on the 26th (when I was supposed to be arriving back in Texas after 2 weeks of UT school visits). The Commission and Gov's wife are giving out 100 copies of my book, she'll be reading from it, and I guess they want me to say a few words--ug! I'm actually really honored...just a little nervous. :) But since it takes 3 days to drive back from UT, and my publisher is pressuring me to be there (and...well...I'd rather sell my big toe than miss this thing) I really need a replacement. I talked to the counselor at Haybranch and she'd love to have another children's author take over.

        Soooooooo...any takers? :) If interested, e-mail me at tamra@... .

        --Tamra