Fw: [CW] changes in advance payments

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2006
      From Anastasia Suen...

      FYI: From Pub Rants (an agent blog):

      "Publishing houses have implemented new corporate policies to pay
      advances in thirds-a portion of which must now be on publication.

      The Penguin Group implemented this last year and a recent Random House
      negotiation showed me that it's new policy over there as well."

      http://pubrants.blogspot.com/2006/02/importance-of-leverage.html

      *It used to be only the smaller publishers that did this, but Penguin
      and Random House are the big boys!

      Anastasia
      School Visits 101 Workshop Feb 20-24 *STARTS TODAY!*
      http://www.asuen.com/w.schoolvisits.101.html

      Creative writing help Creative writing course Creative writing tip
      Creative writing program Creative writing camp Creative writing school

    • Tamra Norton
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2006
        Has anyone read The Penderwicks? I just finished it and I have to say that it is my new favorite book. Okay...well, it ties with Anne of Green Gables. I loved this book! It was such a refreshing read. It is Jeanne Birdsall's first novel and it won the National Book Award in 2005. Honestly, I'm not sure why it didn't the Newbery this year...or earn an honor. I highly recommend this book.

        --Tami
        www.tamranorton.com

      • Ruth Baxter
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2006
          Hi friends,

          If any of you are teachers or know any good secondary
          level teachers of history, English or math, please let
          me know or help me get in touch. I teach in a magnet
          in Clear Creek ISD for gifted and talented students
          and we have several openings for, well, gifted and
          talented teachers.

          Thanks,
          Ruth Baxter

          Ruth Baxter
          rbaxter7@...

          “I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults.”

          -- Molly Ivins