website

  • ctbkaty@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 3, 2005
      Our website isn't working today, but will be back in 12-24 hours. It was
      time to renew for another year, but Layne and Sondra are in New York, sitting on
      top of a hill having lunch at a winery. Envy, Envy. I managed to get the
      thing renewed even though I'm a computer illiterate.

    • Tamra Norton
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 6, 2005
        I thought y'all might be interested in this.
        --Tamra

        The children's department of Publishers Weekly has just launched a free
        weekly email newsletter about children's and YA books, called
        Children's
        Bookshelf. You do not have to be a PW subscriber to receive it. The
        newsletter carries industry news, features, author interviews, stories
        on
        books people are talking about, links to articles in the media about
        children's books, bestseller lists, and many other features. It's
        written
        for publishers, booksellers, librarians, teachers, authors, agents, and
        anyone interested in news about current children's books.

        For a free subscription and to read back issues, go to:

        http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6253324.html

        Thanks,

        Diane Roback
        Publishers Weekly

      • Kathy Combs
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 7, 2005
          Thanks, Tamra. This looks like a great resource.

          Kathy

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • mildred martin
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
            I had a problem with the link, but I called and set this up. Thanks, Tami for
            the info.

            Millie

            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
              Millie,
              I also was unable to connect. Can you send me a number to call?
              Thanks,

              JoAn

              ----------
              >From: mildred martin <milliemartin@...>
              >To: <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] PW Newsletter (free)
              >Date: Mon, Oct 10, 2005, 11:45 AM
              >

              > I had a problem with the link, but I called and set this up. Thanks, Tami for
              > the info.
              >
              > Millie

            • mildred martin
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 10, 2005
                JoAn, I called 1-800-2778-2991.
                When I tried the link, it pulled up a PW page, but not one that allowed
                subscribing to the newsletter. This number was on this page. When I called,
                the customer service rep. took the info. to add me to the e-mail list.
                I hope this helps.

                Millie

                I also was unable to connect. Can you send me a number to call?
                Thanks,

                JoAn

                ----------
                >From: mildred martin <milliemartin@...>
                >To: <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [scbwi-houston] PW Newsletter (free)
                >Date: Mon, Oct 10, 2005, 11:45 AM
                >

                > I had a problem with the link, but I called and set this up. Thanks, Tami
                for
                > the info.
                >
                > Millie

              • Lynne Kelly Hoenig
                Message 7 of 20 , Jan 26, 2011
                  Hi everyone!

                  Making a website is pretty low priority for me right now since I have some revisions to do, so of course I've been working on a website for a couple of days. I planned on just getting the space reserved and working on it a little at a time until it was ready to post, but once I started clicking on templates I couldn't stop. So here it is! I'll still be tweaking it for a while, but here's what I have so far. Let me know of any feedback you have if you're able to take a look at it.

                  Lynne

                  --
                  Lynne Kelly
                  CHAINED (Farrar, Straus, & Giroux, Spring 2012)

                • Vonna Carter
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jan 26, 2011
                    I love it, Lynne! Especially the section you included on Elephants, But it all looks great!

                    www.vonnacarter.com
                  • Marty Graham
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jan 26, 2011
                      Lynne,
                      That is a website to be proud of! Great job!
                      Marty

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jan 26, 2011
                        Thanks! Someone suggested I look at the source behind the pages and add keywords and descriptors to the meta data, but she might as well have asked me to qxr8ty3%hhvnurti#huzi#&^%@yrexnbz.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jan 26, 2011
                          I love it, Lynne. What software did you use?

                          ~d

                          Dotti Enderle
                             * * *
                          CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek)
                          "A small gem of a story." ~ Kirkus Reviews
                          http://www.dottienderle.com

                        • Lynne Kelly Hoenig

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jan 27, 2011
                              I use GoDaddy for hosting too. I like that I can reach a techie quickly and not feel like I'm in a consumer void. They're great and inexpensive.

                              ~d

                              Dotti Enderle
                                 * * *
                              CROSSWIRE (Boyds Mills/Calkins Creek)
                              "A small gem of a story." ~ Kirkus Reviews
                              http://www.dottienderle.com
                            • Varsha Bajaj
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jan 27, 2011

                                Lynne, Great website.

                                Varsha

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jan 27, 2011
                                  Nice website, Lynne! I like the elephant info.

                                  I Think I See A UFO (Disney Hyperion, Winter, 2013)

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jan 27, 2011
                                      Hey Lynne,

                                      Love your site!  The elephone 4-1-1 was very interesting!  My grandmother had a bulldog named Jiggs.  If I ever get one, I'm going to name him Jiggs, Jr., or JJ or short!

                                      Anyway, you've done an awesome job with your site.

                                      Crystal

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jan 28, 2011
                                          Lynne,  Great job on your website.  I loved everything you wrote.  It was funny and light and informative.  Peggy Shallock

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jan 28, 2011
                                            Thanks for checking it out, Peggy!