Re: [scbwi-houston] Local Reviews???

  • ReadGarland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29, 2005
      Tamara and anyone else--

      Glenn Droomgoole, who lives in the Abilene area, writes a syndicated
      newspaper column called "Texas Reads." It appears in many Texas newspapers and
      specializes in reviewing books by Texas authors. Glenn has given my books great
      reviews, very nice, never anything mean. I can't find his mailing address, but his
      e-mail is: glendromgoogle@...

      Good luck!

      Sherry Garland

    • JoAn Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 10 6:52 AM
        Yes, Wayne. Send it along, or a manuscript, galley, whatever. I do self,
        POD, regional, royalty, anything. My local daily paper runs one every
        Sunday. Go to their web site and click on Lifestyle to read some.
        (www.baytownsun.com) Review of TX Books, a review newsletter published by
        Lamar U. in Beaumont. Often the author's local paper will publish it if you
        send me an e mail address.
        I am stacked up now, maybe 6-8 books behind, but will place yours in the
        line-up.
        JoAn

        ----------

      • Wayne Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 2, 2005
          My internet is going back to slow tomorrow. No broadband out here yet, so
          while it is still fast I thought I'd send you my latest poem. When I am dead
          and famous, I would like to hear some future Lit. Professor trying to
          explain this one. My illustration is at the bottom, if it gets through. If
          not, you will just have to imagine how Stroble looks.

          Wayne

          NOBLE STROBLE

          They were attacked by Knork the Nave

          Who strode the Gimble night and day;

          But Stroble with his glaunt and spear

          Had grumbled in to join the fray.

          She watched her hero's glaunt shoot flame,

          Watched the brave and fearless Stroble.

          Could any Grumnlin be so brave?

          Gimble knew of none so noble.

          Now upon his faithful grumble,