Re: [scbwi-houston] Looking for authors to do school visits

  • jfoxtx@aol.com
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 31, 2005
      Hi - I thought you all might like to know about our (Brazos Valley) fall
      event on November 5 - I'm attaching a brochure in Word but if you want me to snail
      mail it please reply to me at jfoxtx@....

      Best - Janet

      Janet Fox

      5602 Polo Road
      College Station, TX 77845
      979-695-0098
      jfoxtx@...

      June through August address:
      27 Grouse Creek Road
      McLeod, MT 59052

    • JoAn Martin
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
        Melissa,
        Are you still wanting authors to present? I resurrected this from Aug
        and thought I'd touch base with you. I'd love to come to Klein with Yankee
        Girl.

        JoAn

        ----------

      • ReadGarland@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
          JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request back in
          August.

          Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and did not get
          a response. Just curious.

          Sherry

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
            Varsha and I both did presentations for the librarians at the Klein School District during one of their inservices back in the fall to promote ourselves. No one booked me though. Varsha probably got all the bookings. ;-)

            Dotti Enderle
            Author & Storyteller
            http://www.dottienderle.com
            http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

          • Wayne Edwards
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
              I also sent her an e-mail with no response.

              Wayne

              > JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request back in
              > August.
              >
              > Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and did not
              > get
              > a response. Just curious.
              >
              > Sherry

            • Melanie Chrismer
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                Sherry,

                I sent a not to her also, but since I'm out of state.you know I figured I
                was the dark horse anyway. I received no response.

                Mel

                _____

                JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request back in
                August.

                Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and did not get

                a response. Just curious.

                Sherry

                Writing
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Writing+book&w1=Writing+book&w2=Writing
                +a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a+book+rep
                ort&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=3cq22aXfN1i845dnlS69ew> book

                Writing
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Writing+a+book&w1=Writing+book&w2=Writi
                ng+a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a+book+r
                eport&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=v6FofzU3L6Z3-7E8RsVp3w> a
                book

                Writing
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Writing+child+book&w1=Writing+book&w2=W
                riting+a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a+bo
                ok+report&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=eeBJRuQONC4DWLoYbmZqHw>
                child book

                Book
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Book+writing+software&w1=Writing+book&w
                2=Writing+a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a
                +book+report&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=hEiv1-F8kbeakHJOai_cPg>
                writing software

                Writing
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Writing+a+book+report&w1=Writing+book&w
                2=Writing+a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a
                +book+report&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=DzHLxesjQWTQeShP1MXIxQ>
                a book report

                Business
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Business+writing+book&w1=Writing+book&w
                2=Writing+a+book&w3=Writing+child+book&w4=Book+writing+software&w5=Writing+a
                +book+report&w6=Business+writing+book&c=6&s=143&.sig=Vq_n9AW8Ph1uDmqbsZDRpQ>
                writing book

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "scbwi-houston
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scbwi-houston> " on the web.

                _____

              • Varsha Bajaj
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                  I got a couple Dottie, I thought you got all the others!
                  Varsha

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                    >I got a couple Dottie, I thought you got all the others!

                    Guess they didn't like my pink wig. :-(

                  • kathy@kathyduval.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                      Sherry, I think they're still looking. I'm going to present to the librarians in March. Kathy

                      ReadGarland@... wrote:

                      JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request back in
                      August.

                      Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and did not get
                      a response. Just curious.

                      Sherry

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Author of The Three Bears' Christmas (Holiday House, Sept. 2005)
                      Check out my website! www.kathyduval.com

                    • kathycombs@houston.rr.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                        I'm giving a presentation to the Klein librarians on Monday. It is my
                        understanding they have two presenters each month do a mini
                        presentation at their library meeting. It's me and a storyteller this
                        month.

                        When the librarian emailed me about making the presentation, I told
                        her the co-op would be interested in doing a larger presentation if
                        they were interested. She said she might be at a later time. I'll
                        pitch to her again when I'm there on Monday.

                      • kathycombs@houston.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                          I sure won't wear my pink wig!!!!

                          > >I got a couple Dottie, I thought you got all the others!
                          >
                          > Guess they didn't like my pink wig. :-(
                          >

                          > Dotti Enderle
                          > Author & Storyteller
                          > http://www.dottienderle.com
                          > http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

                        • Dede Ducharme

                              > JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request
                              > back in
                              > August.
                              >
                              > Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and
                              > did not get
                              > a response. Just curious.
                              >
                              > Sherry

                              Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing software Writing a book report Business writing book

                              ---------------------------------

                              Graham Burchell - ChildrenĀ“s Author
                              www.wump.net

                            • Kathy Combs
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                                Obviously you are...that's what the librarian told me.

                                > JoAn's message reminded me about this Klein librarian's request
                                > back in
                                > August.
                                >
                                > Did anyone ever hear back from her? I sent info immediately and
                                > did not get
                                > a response. Just curious.
                                >
                                > Sherry

                                Writing book Writing a book Writing child book Book writing
                                software Writing a book report Business writing book

                                Graham Burchell - ChildrenĀ“s Author
                                www.wump.net

                                Yahoo! Groups Links
                              • Deborah Frontiera
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 4, 2006
                                  Yes, make that plug for the coop. Thanks,
                                  debbie