Do you ever discuss writing ITSELF?

  • Linda Woodward
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2005
      Hi, all-

      I haven't gone thru the archives yet, but I have been following posts now
      for 5 months. I see the book signings, new books, and conferences discussed
      in the main, but can't find any "writer's content." Is there another forum
      for that I've missed?

      By that, I mean I had originally expected to see lots of vigorous
      discussion on classic writer's issues-

      * Theme and characterization, plot

      * Dialogue tricks

      * Marketing an MSS-tips

      * Story idea for different levels/ages

      * Language, tone, viewpoint

      * Fiction vs. Non-fiction: special issues

      * Poetry for children

      * Teen novels

      * And all the tons of other stuff listed in the conferences

      I recently started a Ragdoll cattery and am a member of a Ragdoll breeder's
      group. They post 24/7 on vital content-birthing, disease/vaccine,
      showmanship, bathing, litter boxes, new products, epidemiology of diseases,
      writing contracts, and so on. I get everything I need to think about to set
      up my small business there. I use this as an example of content that is
      helpful in my cat craft.

      For the zillions of writer's craft topics, where do you all go for meaty
      discussion, debate, and camaraderie on-line?

      Linda

      Linda Woodward

      Ribbons N Rags\

      <http://www.home.earthlink.net/~ribbonsnrags/>
      www.home.earthlink.net/~ribbonsnrags/

      <mailto:lindawoodward@...> lindawoodward@...

      Rumor travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth--Will Rogers

      A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful
      than a life spent doing nothing.--George Bernard Shaw

      Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their
      guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.--Mark Twain

    • morris7625@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2005
        What's a ragdoll cattery????

        Kimberly Morris