Research on Editor

  • Martygra
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi all. Would you please stop sending all that rain to New Orleans! Also, somewhere out there I have read of a site where I can find listed all or some of the books an editor has worked on. Am I dreaming?
      Thanks.
      Marty

    • marydwade@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
        Rain clouds still here. Sounds like it cold there too. But I'm not
        complaining. I can always take off a sweater, whereas in the summer....

        Website to show books an editor worked on...I've not got a clue.

        But I do know that

        Liz Mills (Cartwheel) worked on
        OLD MACDONALD HAD A FARM - puppet
        LITTLE LAMB - pull the tab soft toy
        GOOD NIGHT, LITTLE ONE - lift the flap
        I SPY LIGHTNING IN THE SKY - easy reader

        Kay Olson (Capstone) wrote
        several of the Coming to America series
        country books: China Ireland, England, Canada
        eight of the new Graphic Line she's going to talk about

        Amy Hsu edited
        What's with this Room by Tom Lichtenheld
        The Geography of Girlhood by Kirsten Smith
        Tofu and T. Rex by Greg Leitich Smith
        How Many Kisses Tonight by our own Varsha Bajaj

        Susan Van Metre
        edited Peni Griffin's latest book about girl living 10,000 years ago in
        Texas, can't remember name

        Sorry, hope that's helpful.

        Mary

      • Doris Fisher
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
          Marty and Mary,

          There is a SCBWI publication on the National website.

          Under SCBWI publications - - Edited By is the title. Definitely a great tool.
          It was introduced in the SCBWI Bulletin last month, not in the latest issue.

          Doris Fisher
          * * * * *
          Play Winter Games on my website
          www.abcdoris.com

        • jfoxtx@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
            Marty - you're not dreaming. There's a link on the SCBWI database that allows
            you to access "Edited By" and it lists editorial credits. A terrific resource
            - I recommend it.
            Janet, Brazos Valley, TX, RA

            > Hi all. Would you please stop sending all that rain to New Orleans!  Also,
            > somewhere out there I have read of a site where I can find listed all or some
            > of the books an editor has worked on. Am I dreaming?
            > Thanks.
            > Marty

            Janet Fox
            5602 Polo Road
            College Station, TX 77845
            979-695-0098
            jfoxtx@...
            Author of "Where's My Stuff?", a humorous organizational skills book for kids
            in grades 3 to 6 from Free Spirit Publishing, in bookstores fall 2005.

          • marydwade@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
              Wow! Who knew?? Thanks for the info.

              Marydw

            • KEVIN SNEED
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                Susan Van Metre
                edited Peni Griffin's latest book 11000 Years Lost.

                Best,
                Dani

[...]

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                To visit your group on the web, go to:

              • Martygra
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                  Wow. Me, too. This is so great getting an answer so quick. I feel like I am
                  in a yellow pages commercial from the 60's. Thank you.
                  Marty

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                    WOW! Thanks for that info.
                    Why didn't I see that? Nevermind, don't answer that,

                    Millie

                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                      Mary,

                      Two of Liz Mills titles have no author/illustrator named, and the other two are written (or put together) by an illustrator. Is she open to simple texts with illustrator suggestions? Seems like a long shot for a writer.

                      Dotti Enderle

                      No Fortune Telling Allowed!
                      The Burning Pendulum (FTC 7 Llewellyn Publications)
                      http://www.dottienderle.com
                      http://www.fortunetellersclub.com

                    • marydwade@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                        This whole thing beats me, but my best guess is that she is looking for a
                        short text that could be some kind of manipulative book. If you have something
                        you think would work, go for it. These books seem so very young to me. I don't
                        think in those terms.

                        Mary

                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 2, 2005
                          >These books seem so very young to me. I don't think in those terms.

                          At least you have a grandbaby for inspiration. My youngest daughter is 14 now, and those toddler years seem miles away!