RE: [scbwi-houston] FW: Joan Lowery Nixon Memorial

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
      Mel, FYI, I had nothing to do with this Memorial idea--it came from the
      powers that be--our illustrious steering committee. All I did was send out
      the messages.

      I'm sending positive thoughts that your to-do's are fulfilling and get done
      smoothly. Love, Kelly

      Kelly Goldman Bennett
      22307 Stormcroft Lane
      Katy, TX 77450-6700
      (281) 395-4620
      kellyb@...

      From: "Kelly Bennett" <kellyb@...>
      To: "SCBWI listserv" <scbwi-houston@yahoogroups.com>; "Betty Traylor Gyenes"
      <Happtrayls@...>; "Carmen Bredeson" <ctbkaty@...>; "Charline
      Macfarlane" <macfarla@...>; "Charles Trevino"
      <Charles.Trevino@...>; "Dani Sneed" <sneedville@...>; "Debbie
      Frontiera" <jasperjf@...>; "Ginny Roeder" <vroeder@...>; "Ila
      Rae" <Leeilarae@...>; "Jo An Martin" <josbook@...>; "Joyce
      Boatright" <Joyce.Boatright@...>; "Kathy Duval"
      <kathy@...>; "Sondra Johnson" <sondra.johnson@...>; "Marty
      Graham" <Martygra1@...>; "Mary Wade" <Marydwade@...>; "Melanie
      Chrismer" <phoebe5@...>; "Melanie Mims" <melaniemims@...>; "Pam
      VanScoyoc" <pamlv@...>; "Roger" <rurow@...>; "Ron Smith"
      <rss2001@...>; "Sally Lee" <Sallyl@...>; "Sydnie
      Kleinhentz" <sydmk@...>; "Vicki Sansum" <vsansum@...>
      Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 5:00 PM
      Subject: [scbwi-houston] FW: Joan Lowery Nixon Memorial

      > Based on Joan's generous offer to mentor a deserving writer to help shape
      > and sell a manuscript, Houston SCBWI is establishing the Joan Lowery Nixon
      > Memorial. This memorial will provide a one-time evaluation/critique for
      the
      > manuscript chosen by the fall conference critiquing staff as the most near
      > to publication. This basically follows the formulae set up for Joan's
      > mentoring.
      >
      > The funding for this will be combined with fundraising for the Marj
      > Scholarship, with a fixed amount each year going to the critique and the
      > remainder to conference scholarships.
      >
      > Donations should be made to SCBWI-Houston and marked for the Joan Lowery
      > Nixon Memorial.
      >
      > Mary

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

    • Dotti
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
        I got in from St. Louis late yesterday. So sad about Joan. What an
        inspiration she was.

        Carmen, I thought Sherry was speaking at the July meeting. Critique night?
        I'm confused.

        Dotti Enderle
        Fortune Tellers Club (Llewellyn Worldwide)
        www.fortunetellersclub.com
        1. The Lost Girl
        2. Playing With Fire
        3. The Magic Shades (Sept. 2003)
        4. Secrets Of Lost Arrow (Jan. 2004)
      • ctbkaty@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
          Sherry is speaking at the August meeting.

          How was your St. Louis gig?

        • Dotti
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
            St. Louis was great! I had so much fun on the radio Saturday night. I wasn't
            nervous at all. The crew was wonderful and invited me to be on again in the
            future. I also met the owner of a haunted bookstore. She was upset that I
            didn't do a signing with her, but I promised to go back next Spring for a
            signing.

          • morris7625@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2003
              Dotti,
              Did you get a tape of the interview? If so, please bring it on July 7 so we
              can all hear it! You are awesome! kim

            • Dotti