Re: [scbwi-houston] Jean Nietubicz Makes News

  • Jean Nietubicz
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
      Doris, thank you! You are so sweet. Things are happening so fast,
      my head is swimming. But I'm enjoying the water. ( -: Jean

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2005
        Congrats, Jean! That is wonderful news and very inspirational. Great
        article!

        Gail Greenberg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2005
          Dear Jean,
          Congratulations!!! I enjoyed the article and wish you all the best!!!

          You certainly gave me hope reagarding my children's book that has been "in
          the works" for about 10 years. I finished "Sheshe Kifaru" (Swahili for
          beautiful black rhino) at last and have had no luck with the publishing
          companies. Sheshe is a little "preachy" and that probably is why. I was
          glad to read that you went the route of self publishing. I have contacted
          Winepress Publishing in Enumclaw, WA. They are a Christian based self
          publishing company, but a little expensive. I would be interesed in knowing
          more about the company you used whenever you get the time. No hurry.
          Lots of blessings and best wishes,
          Nancy Pettiette
          From: "Jean Nietubicz" <jeanniet@...>
          To: <prismika@...>; "Mark Scheffler" <providence@...>; "Claire
          Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 11:01 AM

          > Road to book publication was lined with faith for DHS graduate
          >
          > She found her calling in more than writing by Michelle Ruddle Though it
          > has
          > been nearly two and a half years since Jean Nietu-bicz (nee Tanner) has
          > visited Dundalk and over 30 since she lived here, she still remembers the
          > road to her former home on Ridgeway. And she remembers the exact location
          > of
          > her parents' place on Sollers Point Road ("upstairs, right-hand
          > apartment.")
          >
          > Perhaps it is such attention to detail that enabled Nietubicz, 66, to
          > create
          > her first novel, Who Would Know?, a young adult book that was 10 years in
          > the making.
          >
          > For more of this story, click on or type the URL below:
          >
          > http://www.dundalkeagle.com/articles/2005/01/06/news/news04.txt
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Jean Nietubicz
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2005
            Nancy, thank you so much. At first, I contacted religious publishers but
            they wanted non-fiction. Traditional publishers didn't want a pro-life
            story. ...they
            didn't say it in those words, but the message was there or there was no
            response at all. I found self publishing on the internet. This company was
            called, 1st Books when I initially signed up. It is now AuthorHouse. The
            professionalism is much improved, and I really like the end product. The
            Atascocita librarian, at our local Harris County library, couldn't get over
            how professional it looks.

            I don't know what the initial price is now. Mine was $699.00. There are many
            different features that can add to the cost considerably. But they have
            incentives to encourage signing up. They're in the business to publish
            books. I have a definite market for my book, so I wasn't interested in a lot
            of their extras. But,
            because I am dyslexic, I did have a lot of corrections. SCREAM!

            Call Matthew Patton at 1-888-519-5121 x 5224. Tell him I gave you his
            number and just get the facts about publishing. It can't hurt. This is a
            print
            on demand house. That means they will publish one book or 1 million,
            depending on the order. You do not have to stock pile unless you want to
            have an inventory on hand. And you get paid quarterly for the sales. Barnes
            & Noble, Amazon. com, and AuthorHouse will carry the book. You have to
            market your own book, make all the corrections, and make all the decisions
            about what you want. But, you retain all rights, and I can't think of
            anything else. Matt will tell you. He will, also, send you a packet with all
            the basic things you need to know. My phone number is 281-852-7461. Call me.
            I will be happy to help you, if I can.
            I have learned plenty. Jean