We need a treasurer

  • Sally Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
      Ever since Thanksgiving when I found out that we are going to be the grandparents of triplets, my life has changed with lightening speed. Not only are my daughter and her husband going to need a lot of help, Steve and I couldn't stand the thought of having three grandbabies way up in Dallas. We decided to move. We thought the process would take months, but our house sold the first day we showed and we have to move into our new house by mid-February. To make a long story short, after being treasurer for 14 years, I'm going to have to turn it over to someone else. I am a "behind the scenes" kind of person, so I have enjoyed this job. It's a little hectic at times, but most of the time it isn't bad. So the search is on! If you think this is something you would like to do, or if you have any questions, you can email me directly at ssleetx@....

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2005
        Congratulations on the bounty of triplets. How blessed you are! I pray for
        the good health and delivery for your daughter and all three precious bundles
        of joy.

        Sally, you have been a great treasure and I deeply regret loosing you and
        Kelly, both who have helped me in the kindest manner. I shall miss you very
        much. You have been patient with me as a greenhorn. Sorry that I can't possibly
        function as a treasure or have the time.

        I am simply very grateful.

        Jan Graham

      • Wayne Edwards
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
          Wow, does the stork get overtime pay? You'll have your own picture book
          audience!

          Wayne

          > Ever since Thanksgiving when I found out that we are going to be the
          > grandparents of triplets, my life has changed with lightening speed. Not
          > only are my daughter and her husband going to need a lot of help, Steve
          > and I couldn't stand the thought of having three grandbabies way up in
          > Dallas. We decided to move. We thought the process would take months,
          > but our house sold the first day we showed and we have to move into our
          > new house by mid-February. To make a long story short, after being
          > treasurer for 14 years, I'm going to have to turn it over to someone else.
          > I am a "behind the scenes" kind of person, so I have enjoyed this job.
          > It's a little hectic at times, but most of the time it isn't bad. So the
          > search is on! If you think this is something you would like to do, or if
          > you have any questions, you can email me directly at ssleetx@....

        • Melanie Chrismer
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
            Dear Sally,

            I'm so glad you didn't have to keep your house on the market for 8 months
            like we did. On the other hand.what will Houston do without you? You have
            been such a God-send and a great friend to us all. Good luck in Dallas and
            please keep in touch, even with those of us of the Houston chapter in
            Georgia.

            Adios,

            Mel

            _____

[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • mildred martin
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
              Congratulations, Sally. A triple blessing!

              How wonderful for your daughter, her husband, and your grandbabies that you
              will be able to be near. Take your vitamins. I was exhausted after helping
              with ONE granddaughter. Maybe it was just the emotional high.

              Thank you for all that you have done for Houston SCBWI. We'll miss you.

              Blessings,
              Millie

            • ReadGarland@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2005
                Sally--

                I can't believe you're leaving!! You have been one of the corner posts of
                Houston-SCBWI for all these years, working hard and steady behind the scenes. You
                are irreplaceable and will be tremendously missed by all. And you're a darn
                nice person, too.

                Best of luck in Dallas.

                Sherry

              • magnolia77@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 3, 2005
                  Dear Sally -

                  You always answered inquiries in your own
                  sweet way. Can't wait to hear all about the
                  triplets. WIll miss you. Martha Roddy
                • magnolia77@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 3, 2005
                    Melanie,

                    Happy to see you name on e-mails today.

                    Haven't seen you in Randalls in a while. Where are you? Miss you.
                    Martha
                  • Bookzforkidz@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 4, 2005
                      Melanie,