FW: Joan Lowery Nixon

  • Kelly Bennett
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
      Folks, I sent Mary Wade your questions about sending flowers to honor Joan
      Lowery Nixon. Following is Mary's response.

      We are planning to do something bigger, something permanent like the Marj
      Scholarship, only different in scope. Just tell people to send cards to
      Nick, and we will post something shortly about the memorial. I know Los
      Angeles is planning some kind of tribute as well.

      Mary

    • ctbkaty@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
        Mary Christian called this afternoon and said the funeral is Wednesday at 10
        am. The location will be in the paper tomorrow. Anyone going?

      • Dede Ducharme
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
          The funeral is at St. Cyril's on Westheimer. I'm going. Dede
          Mary Christian called this afternoon and said the funeral is Wednesday at
          10
          am. The location will be in the paper tomorrow. Anyone going?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Melanie Chrismer
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2003
            Carmen,
            I dearly want to go but have 5 other things I'm supposedly scheduled for on
            that day. I will be there in spirit thanks to the camaraderie that Joan
            inspired in all of us.
            Remember, death is not the end for any who have believed in the Lord Jesus
            Christ. It is merely a rest from the work of this life. And this life is
            not all. Have hope, for it is the truth that gives absolute confidence to
            the heart.
            I thank God, that part of our lives is the friendships, no matter how brief,
            that we have been given through our profession.
            Love and thanks for checking,
            Mel